Known Repositories

This is a list of repositories that are compatible with the F-Droid client application. Open the client, select “manage repositories” from the overflow menu and then add the repo URL. Just opening the url on a device that has F-Droid installed should work in most cases as well. The F-Droid project is not responsible for any third party repositories.

Because this is a wiki topic, you can easily edit this list. Please keep it alphabetically ordered and take a look at the existing entries to see the data structure. If possible, please add fingerprints like this:

Briar (tested on 2017-07-30)

Messenger that does require any server and hides metadata.
Repo info:

c:geo mainline (tested on 2017-07-28)

c:geo nightly (tested on 2018-01-28)

c:geo nightlies

Info: and

Geo Caching software, not available in F-Droid-app store because it is linked against non-free google-libs.
Info: and

Eutopia (status unknown)

Signal (TextSecure) builds

F-Droid (official)

F-Droid’s mainline repository, serving apps build and signed by F-Droid.
Signing keys:

F-Droid Archive (official)

F-Droid’s archive repository, serving old versions of apps built and signed by F-Droid.
Signing keys:

Guardian Project Official Releases (included) (AWS mirror)
http://bdf2wcxujkg6qqff.onion/fdroid/repo (Tor Onion Service)

Guardian Project’s mainline repository.
Repo info:
Signing keys:

Guardian Project Archive (included) (AWS mirror)
http://bdf2wcxujkg6qqff.onion/fdroid/archive (Tor Onion Service)

Guardian Project’s archive repository.
Signing keys:

I2P F-Droid Repo (tested on 2017-11-12)

I2P is an anonymous network, exposing a simple layer that applications can use to anonymously and securely send messages to each other.
Repo info:

I2P F-Droid Archive (tested on 2017-11-12)

I2P’s archive repository, serving old versions of the I2P apps.

IzzyOnDroid F-Droid Repo (tested on 2017-11-12)

Applications in this repository are official binaries built by the original application developers, taken directly from the releases in their repositories (mostly on GitHub). Also contains apps that are linked against google-play services.
Apps list and search:
Background info:

IzzyOnDroid F-Droid Repo Archive (tested on 2017-11-12)

IzzyOnDroid’s archive repository, serving old versions of the apps in its mainline repository.
Note: This archive repository is not promoted by IzzyOnDroid and appears to be empty (as of 2017-11-12).

LibRetro / RetroArch

F-Droid app repository for RetroArch.

microG F-Droid repo (tested on 2017-11-12)

Official F-Droid repo for the open-source implementation of Google Play Services.
Repo info:

microG F-Droid archive (tested on 2017-11-12)

Official F-Droid archive for the open-source implementation of Google Play Services.
Repo info:

Nit Language

Official repository of Nit programming language.
Repo info:

Öffi - Public Transport Buddy (tested on 2017-11-12)

Öffi, a closed-source, but well-known app for german public transportation systems.
App versions and compatibility:
Note: Requires “Force old index format” in the settings of recent F-Droid client app versions to be activated (as of 2017-11-12).

pilight (status unknown)

Storymaker (status unknown)

StoryMaker enables aspiring journalists all over the world to safely produce and publish professional-grade news with their phone.

The official Copperhead app repository (tested on 2017-07-17)

Currently ships Noise (rebranded Signal build). According to upstream: "It’s only intended to be useful to CopperheadOS users. Nothing from there is guaranteed to work elsewhere and issues on other operating systems should not be reported."
However, at the time of writing, Noise has been reported to work fine on other ROMs also.

Torsten Grote’s personal repo (status unknown)

Unofficial Firefox F-Droid repo (tested on 2017-11-10)

Latest Firefox stable and beta releases for Android (original APKs from, hosted on Gitlab pages, automatically updated daily by Gitlab’s CI/CD runner.
Forum: Separate (non-free) Firefox repo

Umbrella (status unknown)

Digital and physical security for people at risk.

WiFi AdBlocker Update (status unknown)

Abandoned Repositories

Antox is an Android client for Tox. Created by Mark Winter maintained by subliun.

Eutopia experimental builds of WebSocket-based fork of Signal (TextSecure) renamed to LibreSignal. The fork was abandoned because Moxie Marlinspike was not OK with LibreSignal using OWS servers and “Signal” name. Since LibreSignal is abandoned, there is nothing to distribute in that repo now.

pfalcon’s F-Droid Staging (server not found)

spotcommander / mdapp (404 Not Found)

Remote control for Spotify:
LegeAppen is for physicians and other health personnel in Norway:

woju (server not found)

Copied from F-Droid wiki.

Separate (non-free) Firefox repo

@NicoAlt This repo isn’t maintained anymore. It was only for distributing my fork of Signal, but because of I abandoned LibreSignal, so there is nothing to distribute in that repo now.

Thanks for the feedback, then you can remove this entry from the list, it’s like a wiki editable by everyone.

I can’t find a way to edit this.

Oh, sorry, the min trust level for editing a wiki was too high. I lowered this, bumped your trust level and gave you the title “F-Droid Developer”. Welcome to the forum :smile:

Thanks. I updated the wiki.

How about

Fwiw, I use Noise (Signal fork) from there on a non-coperhead ROM and it is working perfectly.

Sure, add it to the list! No need to ask, it’s a wiki :smile:

You forgotten o p in I added it.

briar do own repo

Thank you for your hint. I have added it to the list and also added a paragraph at the top :slightly_smiling_face:

"Because this is a wiki topic, you can easily edit this list. Please keep it alphabetically ordered and take a look at the existing entries to see the data structure."
i Use OpenID and surely can’t edit on wiki :frowning:

Which wiki do you mean? We have the old, MediaWiki based one and this one integrated into the forum. The latter you should be able to edit by clicking the green pen button in the upper right corner between “10” and “Jul 1”. The former I don’t know about if anyone can still edit it because the registration base was WordPress which passed away for some months because of the new website.

right, my bad, i suggested old MediaWIki docs which is better avaliable (indexed). Thanks.

Here’s another F-Droid repo:

Feel free to add it to the list, it’s a wiki article :slightly_smiling_face:

Appears to be back up.

Indeed! Feel free to move it back to the list :+1:

I think @Licaon_Kter, like me has an account that is too new to modify the OP and put i2p back as an active working repo.

Any way you could make the change?

edit: do you know at what stage forum accounts are no longer considered new?

edit2: looks like new stage does not last long. OP updated and i2p put back as active

Like one or two month ago I removed this restriction so that anyone can edit wiki posts. Curious that it did not work for you at first.

There is a good topic in Discourse’s forum about this.