No apps for install: Error getting F-Droid index file

Hi,

I have a new smartphone (LG K8-2017: Android 6) and I rooted (with TWRP and Magisk) and deleted all google apps: Google Play Services, Chrome, Google Play, etc. Then I installed F-Droid: downloaded official apk (v. 1.9) on PC and moved to phone for install. But, when I update the repository I have the next error message:

Error getting F-Droid index file -> no mirrors available

Well, I don’t see none app for install, thru today I’ve installed all my apps downloaded the apk’s from f-droid.org, but, You know that ways sucks. Searching on web, this forum and gitlab page, I tried the next solutions, but none of which works:

• Force old index format: Active this option on Settings > Expert Mode > Force old index format. Then I try update repositories but nothings happens and I have a different error message: Error getting F-Droid index file -> Unable to resolve host "f-droid.org": No address associated with hostname

• Use a different mirror: Add a mirror for official repository and nothing happens.

• Use an alternative repository: Add a different repository, and again, no load apps.

• Install previous version. Pick a various previous versions from here. Same situation: no apps.

• Clear app data, cache. Nothing happens.

Please, Can you help me? Maybe F-Droid need a google/android dependency that I could delete, I don’t know or a weird error is living in android 6.

Two days later, F-Droid runs very well. I didn’t use firewall, Orbot or VPN. Maybe my ISP provider, but I don’t know. All this is very weird, anyhow now I can use F-Droid and feel nice and free.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.