Error when Posting in the Forum

I decided to reopen the discussion at When you love freedom you give freedom, but the reopened discussion, When You Love Freedom You Give Freedom Pt. 2, was closed with the comment that I should let things cool down a bit.

I guess my question is, if we were just having a cordial conversation at the time what needs to cool down?

This is your forum and you’re certainly free to close down any thread you like, but why not be honest about your reasoning?

1 Like

I have to admit, I did flag this last comment as off topic xD sorry I couldn’t help myself, but perhaps we should just let it go…

source

Example 1: „Der Klügere gibt nach.“
Translation: The cleverer gives in.
Explanation: The Proverb is about disputes and their solution. If somebody is engaged in an argument and both parties don’t want to deviate from their point of view, the smarter one backs down to ensure peace.
Cultural Value: Tolerance, conflict avoidance
Analysis: It is important to avoid unnecessary conflicts and to show tolerance for differently minded people.

And as I imagine, we’re all smart here, right? :slight_smile:

Personally, I share and support almost all of the views set forth in the topic : “When you love freedom, you give freedom (2)”, but this is a technical forum.

1 Like

That’s all well and good, but it doesn’t help me understand how the rules of conduct are applied here on the F-Droid forum. Perhaps if the rules were more clear it would be easier for people to follow them, no?

It was mentioned a couple of times that this forum is for F-Droid only related content, but the people mentioning it had, themselves, been discussing the coronavirus pandemic and government response.

Noone had a problem when Bible verses were being posted, but when a transcript of American Indian beliefs was posted suddenly this forum wasn’t for debating the existence of god even though there had not actually been any mention of god.

Sure, you want to keep this forum about F-Droid, it’s your forum, but you seem awfully selective about what passes for F-Droid related content.

Also the “free-speach” tag is mispelled, it should be “free-speech.”

1 Like

Also @Damjan several people had disagreements on that thread, but only one single person ever seemed to get particularly upset and it was at someone with whom he had taken a personal disliking to. That someone, myself, in spite of repeadedly being attacked remained cool and cordial the entire time.

I don’t recall the two of us ever having a lengthy and pointless back and forth.

1 Like

@Tryder I’m sure it has nothing to do with being selective in what is related content. That thread was almost entirely filled with equally off-topic drivel :wink:, your last post there was no worse than anything that had been posted there before.

The point where it “suddenly” was not allowed anymore was simply the point when it went on for too long. I’m pretty new to this forum, but from my experience on other forums, a little deviation is usually allowed and short off-topic conversations are fine. When it keeps going on for too long, the thread gets closed. It had nothing to do with the precise content of your post.

p.s. perhaps the next time you want to remain cool and cordial, try not to fan the flames with posts like this.

Oh you mean after this where I said that I understood his anger and offered for him to contact me directly to vent his frustrations? Wow, I ignore his attacks several times, reply cordially several more then crack one little joke and I’m the instigator.

In regards to sudden threats I was talking about this after people, including myself, had been posting Bible and Judeo-Christian related content only to have the mod scold only me after I posted an excerpt from a transcript of American Indian beliefs.

Seemed pretty racist to me at the time. Still does.

1 Like

Best to try and assume good will, I think. The bible-quotes were just as uncalled for and unnecessary as the post you’re referring to. Yours just happened to be the one that kept it going for too long. It’s a simple coincidence that it happened on your American Indian beliefs, they were all equally off-topic.

Lest we forget that one of the mods was in on the Judeo-Christian part of the discussion here, immediately before my American Indian post, and made no mention whatsoever that there was any problem in the current discussion.

Then immediately after the American Indian post he suddenly and inexplicably changes tone suggesting that the thread be closed here.

Not that there’s much point to the discussion, racists seldom own up to their racism. I think I know racism when I see it. Do you?

I liked Your pasts, even was pleasantly surprised; but I am more of an agnosticism about religions: Agnosticism - Wikipedia
but when some talk about religion I do not like, I can smoothly go to religion Pastafarianism: Flying Spaghetti Monster - Wikipedia

1 Like

What was the time difference between the posts with biblical quotes and yours that you mention?

That topic was “on fire” and the mods are not here 24 hours a day.

Honestly, you are lucky you are not banned for reopening posts that were closed for a reason and for defamation, I recommend you stop.

2 Likes

"Lest we forget that one of the mods was in on the Judeo-Christian part of the discussion here , immediately before my American Indian post, and made no mention whatsoever that there was any problem in the current discussion.

Then immediately after the American Indian post he suddenly and inexplicably changes tone suggesting that the thread be closed here .

Not that there’s much point to the discussion, racists seldom own up to their racism. I think I know racism when I see it. Do you?"

Personally I don’t trust false religions but as I said it was off-topic.

We are on a technical forum talking about F-Droid and its related apps.

You are acting like an agitator. If you don’t understand that, maybe a mod can explain you.

I don’t think the time difference matters. The post immediately preceeding the American Indian post is a mod joking that survivalists are a bunch of murderers and thieves, suggesting that I am, myself, a murderer and a thief. Then right after the American Indian post that same mod suggests that the thread has gone too far and need be closed.

As for luck, you and I have a different definition of luck my friend. I must ask you why should I care if I am banned or not? I only came here to get help publishing my strategy game, Carpe Diem, on F-Droid. I didn’t sign up to socialize. It’s been some time now so I’d say it’s safe to assume no one knows how to fix the problem.

My reason for being here has already expired with no solution. Even if there were a solution I doubt I’d submit a new MR for Carpe Diem anyway now that I’ve learned who the F-Droid contributors really are. I mean, disagree with me sure, but to suggest that I’m some type of serial killer because I don’t subscribe to your religion and then display blatant racism towards American Indians?!?

These are not the types of people I wish to associate myself with.

Case in point:

You’ve no idea what my religion is.

1 Like

It is hardly appropriate in the matter of religion to say, "Whose religion first is right.
For example in the Book of Numbers (Numbers 22:21-34) the Angel approves of war and the taking of territory, but this can be understood by looking at the views and traditions and the environment of the time, which is quite logical if the Angel used to communicate with Homo erectus - “the information and territorial library”

And how explain this:

I find no direct relationship between survivalism and Native Americans.
I think is a cheap shot, I make up something that can be misunderstood and when someone misunderstands it I say is part of my people and I feel very offended by it, so much so that I allow myself to defame and call racists those who misunderstood it.

Unbelievable.

You posted 9 paragraphs of offtopic, which derives directly from your blog, ah, also just posting random and irrelevant IMAGES.

P.S. Totally on topic there, buddy:

I forgot how totally on-topic that was

1 Like

So, that’s enough to publish a false and unverified story?
What if I say you are racist towards Spaniards?
At least I would have more reason to call you a racist than you have to tell the other person.

What’s false and unverified?

"The flesh (survivalism…) is opposed to the spirit. If you go in the way of survivalism, you will kill, steal, destroy to get what you want. We are not animals, we are more than that. " -hotlittlewhitedog

Then the American Indian post then:

“Please close this topic.
The goal is not to debate if God exists or not…” -hotlittlewhitedog

There were 5 or more Bible quotes prior to this exchange.

Why does this feel like feeding the trolls?

I only came here to get help publishing my strategy game

Developer needing and seeking assistance; developer/blogger/spammer wanting to raise traffic to their projects or sites; or troll? That is the question.

These are not the types of people I wish to associate myself with.

Actions speak louder than words. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve no idea what my religion is.

IIRC you said you invented your own, and wrote more than enough “stuff” to provide more than enough explanation for anyone here. Maybe you should do a “book app” and figure out how to get it into F-Droid, like hotlittlewhitedog did.

Please close this topic too.

1 Like

This.

I would say, after your 9 paragraphs blog post.