When you love freedom you give freedom

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
[2. Tim. 4:3]

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
[Matthew 15:8-9]

1 Like

Starting to look like spam, a worthy reason to censor, here. :laughing:

1 Like

Perhaps you forgot verse 7:

“Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophecy of you, saying,…”
[Matthew 15:7]

Here is this prophecy:

“Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.”
[Isaiah 29:13-14]

Here lurks a great danger, if one knits his own doctrine and sells this to others for right…!!!

“Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!”
[Isaiah 5:20-21]

yeah, I’m a bit sad that people aren’t getting along… I constantly try to remind myself that it’s more important to get along with people, not cause unnecessary bad emotions to them, than to prove my point… I love proving points though, so it’s hard for me…
but what’s the point of censoring?

3 Likes

The flesh (survivalism…) is opposed to the spirit.

If you go in the way of survivalism, you will kill, steal, destroy to get what you want. We are not animals, we are more than that.

1 Like

I posted this excerpt from Hopi prophecy on my website a few days ago. Seems appropriate now considering you were asking for religions other than Christianity to be represented here.

"…Only those who return to the values of the old ways will be able to find peace of mind. For in the Earth they will find relief from the madness that will be around us. Many people of this time will be empty in spirit for they will have no Sampacu, no life force in their eyes.

As we get close to the time of the Purifier there will be many who walk like ghosts through their cities, through canyons they have constructed in their man made mountains.

Those who walk through these places will be very heavy in their walk. It will appear almost painful as they take each step for they have become very disconnected from their spirit and the Earth. After the arrival of the twins they begin to vanish before your eyes like smoke. Others will have great deformities both in their minds and upon their bodies.

There will be those who walk in their body that are not from this reality, for many of the gateways that once protected us will be opened, there will be much confusion. Confusion between the sexes, the children and their elders. Life will get very perverted and there will be little social order in these times. Many will ask for the mountains themselves to fall upon them and end their misery.

Still others will appear untouched by what is occurring. Those who remember the original teachings and have reconnected with their heart and spirit, those who remember who their mother and father are, The Pahana who left to live in the mountains and forests…"

P.S. While, like any religion, things here are open to interpretation, for what it’s worth the people who “walk in their body that are not from this reality” are liars. People who lie to others and themselves especially. The lie is the reality they live in, but it is not this reality for it doesn’t really exist.

For those who are not familiar; the Hopi, Hopi meaning Peaceful Ones, are a tribe of American Indians. They find that their beliefs most closely relate to Buddhism. When the Europeans arrived they were forcibly relocated and later had their children kidnapped and forced into christian re-education.

That’s just the ones that survived. Many were slaughtered and millions of American Indians, not just Hopi, died from disease when the invading europeans intentionally infected them with smallpox, a disease for which they had no prior exposure.

Pls use your blog to post stuff, not this forum.

2 Likes

Please close this topic.
The goal is not to debate if God exists or not…

As I understand it the European’s own account of events during the Spanish invasion of South America has Spanish soldiers taking native infants by the ankles, swinging the babies over their heads and smashing them on the ground. Apparently they even fed live babies to their dogs and forced the mothers to watch.

Stop wasting F-Droid resources - emails are sent, server time and space is used, posts are flagged and reviewed; Stop wasting people time - emails are read, posts are read, reviewed, flagged etc; It’s no longer in any way on topic for F-Droid purposes…

Yeah, but what if the thread participants are still engaged in the conversation? I like to let the conversation take control of itself. What a wonderful thing I think, you never know where a freeform conversation is going to go.

You might start out in modern day Germany and end up in Ancient Egypt with brief layovers in the primordial universe and Tibetan sand mandalas along the way. A freeform conversation can be so enriching and I think the experience is made more so when you throw people from different backgrounds and world views into the mix.

There is so much to learn and we all bring our different life experiences with us to share. Sometimes the things we learn are frightening and maybe we want to make them to go away. Myself, I am of the personality type that embraces new ideas and experiences so it can seem foreign to me when others don’t share my love for adventure and dive deep into the unknown, not knowing for sure if you’ll make it to the other side or die along the way, maybe two or even three times over.

Some things seem foreign to me. It is not my intention to upset people.

2 Likes

Who are you?
Are you a f-droid Mod or a simple User who want to have power over other users?

What is your mission?
Is it your task to denunciate users who use their freedom to speak?

4 Likes

Indeed it will spam other people who are uninterested in the topic, and don’t unsubscribe from the thread…
if no one flagged the posts, no mods would need to review it, not much to do there…

the resources spent are really negligible… I would estimate that this post takes less than 1mb of storage.
as for the server time used to serve this post to clients, I would imagine that people would use that same server time to look at other posts, if this one didn’t exist.

True, this topic has nothing to do with tech, but people want to talk about it anyway? I don’t think it’s fair to delete it… If the person who created it wasn’t interested in it, he would have closed it…

If there was foul language involved, then it would be a different story.

4 Likes

Here in the states there are a lot of people who would call themselves survivalists and I can honestly say I’ve never heard anyone refer to them as thieves, murderers or destroyers. There are those that really don’t like survivalists, mostly because they tend toward conservatism, and even they, to the best of my knowledge, don’t consider survivalists thieves and murderers. This is quite the unusual view of survivalism that I’m hearing for the first time.

Having said that, I wouldn’t consider myself a survivalist anyway. We get our food from food pantries, my girlfriend often volunteers at these pantries herself. I used to volunteer too, but we decided it’s best not to leave the campsite unattended, for reasons beyond the obvious, and she’s more of a people person than I. I usually run into town when we have a package to pick up or something.

Several times we have considered picking up a compound bow and learning to hunt so that we may increase our options in terms of places to settle, but have decided against it largely because the police here in the states have a tendency to shoot and kill people at the slightest possible indication of potential threat so we thought it best not to have a weapon at all. But also because it’s generally illegal. You need a hunting license, for one, and you’re only allowed to hunt during specific months of the year, unless all you eat are squirrels and mice.

Considering the state of international relations, however; it may not be a bad idea to learn how to live outside of civilization.

This forum is for discussing F-Droid and related topics. You are free to run your own forum or find other venues for other topics. An occasional rant off-topic is one thing, but re-posting blog posts here is too much IMO. The “F-Droid Contributors” are coming out of the woodwork to tell you this. A word to the wise should be sufficient.

PS. Condolences to the victims of brutality in Afghanistan.

PPS. On a lighter note…

This is the thread that never ends.
It goes on and on my friends.
Someone started writing it not knowing what it was,
and they’ll continue writing it forever just because,

(then repeat back at top)

1 Like

I was wondering what, specifically, I said on my website that upset you so much. I almost asked you what it was a couple of times, but figured, whatever it was, you were too upset about it and clearly anything I said to you would only stoke your anger towards me.

I understand why you feel the way you do. I have to admit, I knew it wouldn’t go over well, but I’m not trying to win any popularity contests here. I stand by what I said and make no apologies. If you’d like to tell me what you think of me and my opinion on the subject to get some type of closure you’re welcome to PM or email me.

P.S. I realize my thoughts and opinions are terribly unpopular, but that’s me, you know, that’s what I believe. I can’t change it, only conceal it. I put them on my website in a place that is not obvious or highly accessible so people have to deliberately go there to see what I’ve said.

I tend to stay away from forums, social media and other public places. I only came here to see about remedying my problem with Carpe Diem and thought while I was here maybe I’d give social interaction another shot. Guess not.

How long did it take this time?

2 Likes

Oh what the hell, I’ll tell you how I understand why you are upset.

They say you should never meet your heroes. The reason for this is that you will invariably be disappointed upon realizing they are not the people you believed them to be.

Like many, the United States is your superman. He is perfect and infallible in your eyes. I showed you that he is, in fact, far from perfect and certainly not infallible. As I could’ve expected, the blow was too hard for you to accept. Rather than see your superhero fall to pieces you chose to attack me, the messenger, so you could preserve the pristine image you’ve built up in your mind.

Oh what the hell, let’s get flagged.

Upset or angry. Nah. Sad or sorry for you, more like it. You crave more, real, social interactions, but refuse to pay the price to get it. You try to use online interactions as a substitute, but it is inferior, and you know it. You’re stuck because of your choices, but blame everyone except yourself. That, and you write like you’re high or manic, sometimes paranoid, usually over-confident in your flawed jump-to-conclusions mat.

But thanks for sharing your experience with solar micro-power. I’ve not bought plastic folding panels for camping, because it seems obvious UV light will quickly degrade the plastic; your description confirms. Biolite thermo-electric generator wood stove works OK, if you can get away with having a small fire. Maybe at night when your battery runs low and you crave more web surfing. Can’t speak to how well it holds up with long-term daily use.

That’s right, let it all out.