Simple Mobile apps update

What do I search for in the client if I want to find the fossify version of the apps? So far search for fossify shows me only the gallery?

I think searching fossify will keep finding all published fossify apps.

To see which apps have already applied for inclusion you can probably look at Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab (you might find some surprises there :wink:).

First step for their inclusion is for the merge requests in that gitlab search to be approved.
Then it gets more messy, you can try to figure out how monitor.f-droid.org works but, yeah, not sure; the next step ought to be for the app to be listed at
build - F-Droid Monitor though.

@RichZ

Also, maybe the guy who made it will keep updating this table (edit: yep he’s doing it).

And more details about the publishing process are on FAQ · Wiki · F-Droid / wiki · GitLab

1 Like

You can block updates of specific apps in the client, but in any case the last F-Droid versions didn’t have any junk yet (that I’m aware of) and to be sure F-Droid disabled further automatic updates

I’d be sure to export their settings before uninstalling them

1 Like

Fossify Calendar & File Manager Released in F-Droid.

3 Likes

I have now installed both of them, thanks. I can not yet import calendar settings from Simple to Fossify, but I need to tinker some more in case I have missed something in the process.

1 Like

I found and corrected my mistake. I was trying to import unimportant settings rather than the more important events.

Is the fossify phone dialler app on f froid. I only see emerald dialler updated 2 years ago. That be ok?

next index update

https://monitor.f-droid.org/builds/log/org.fossify.phone/1#site-footer

1 Like

Don’t understand that… ok I see build succeeded but not showing to me

After the running index will completed,
You will get Fossify Phone with in 2 or 3 days.

Ok thanks @naveen

No. When it is you will find it in the F-droid app listing and in the search function.

Rid of all the simple apps now. They can stuff their adware crap

why anyone will buy their adware when there are alternatives amazes me.

I am using the dialler that came with the phone till the fossify is ready

1 Like

If you need use simple mobile tools apps in F-Droid until Fossify Release the Apps.

Fossify Contacts released in Github

2 Likes

You can fetch the Fossify version early at Github. Github and Fdroid versions have the same signature, not like Simple. You can first fetch from Github and later update from Fdroid without signature conflict.
Links to releases are near the page bottom for each app.

I hope SMS will come soon. Contacts, Phone and SMS need to go together as they share the private storage contacts.

There is nothing wrong with using the last Simple apps till the Fossify are out. Actually you should keep them as reference in case you find “new” bugs in Fossify which might well have been there already.

2 Likes

Fossify Phone released in F-Droid Repo

https://f-droid.org/packages/org.fossify.phone/

Summary

Fossify Messages & Fossify Contacts

Build Success next index it will be release.

metadata/org.fossify.messages.yml · 2d57123c5f02131aeca2a49b79ff93d18430d609 · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

metadata/org.fossify.contacts.yml · 2d57123c5f02131aeca2a49b79ff93d18430d609 · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

Fossify Contacts & Fossify SMS Messenger app released in F-Droid App.

2 Likes

Big thanks.

1 Like