Simple Mobile apps update

Oops, silly me. I forgot it would not be using the “Simple” name. I’ve just installed the Gallery application and so far I’m well pleased.

1 Like

Will the calendar app pick up the current reminders or have they to be typed in again?

I got the fossify photo gallery app. Very nice

The data will have to be migrated, fortunately this should be fairly easy.

1 Like

yeah, long term todo

In the meantime, there’s RSS for TWIF News | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository :wink:

Yes @ RichZ thanks I have done it now. I now have the fossify calendar and photo apps

The Fossify apps are availably via the repo:
https://apt.izzysoft.de/fdroid/repo?fingerprint=3BF0D6ABFEAE2F401707B6D966BE743BF0EEE49C2561B9BA39073711F628937A

I have noticed that the Gallery app if downloaded from Fdroid repo does not have a Fdroid signature. I thought all apps directly from Fdroid are also signed by Fdroid. Has this been changed lately, or was I wrong.

The Fossify apps are reproducible… Inclusion How-To | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

2 Likes

I read the link, but am still unsure. Are the apps in the Fdroid repo either reproducibles or Fdroid signed exclusively, or is there a third possibility.

I said:

But you ask

?

what :slight_smile:

I always thought all apps in Fdroid are Fdroid signed.
Now I learned they are either

1. Fdroid signed
    or
  2. (verified) reproducible and otherwise signed.

Is there a third possibility? Or does every app comply to either 1 or 2.

Thanks for your patience, english isn’t my native language :slight_smile:

Any apk in F-Droid main repo is signed by F-Droid or reproducible and signed by upstream dev.

3 Likes

Thank you.

There are 3 states actually:

Both website and Client are on a TODO to be improved and makes these states clearer.

4 Likes

Calendar and Filemanager will come today or tomorrow

1 Like

How do I get rid of updates for simple mobile tools waiting to be downloaded in the f droid app.

Uninstall the apps, but first install the new ones :slight_smile:

We all know simple mobile tools sold to private company.

Latest update of privacy policy for sms messenger (simple mobile tools)

https://simplemobiletools.com/simplesmsmessenger/privacy/

3 Likes

Build success for Fossify File Manager & Calendar

3 Likes

Thank you for your work on these replacements for Simple. I look forward to seeing them on F-droid.

2 Likes