Newapp: ManhoodOfHumanity

I have an app that I would like to publish

As I understand it, I need GitLab for the request. But when registering a gitlab account, at the phone number verification step, I can’t get the verification code because, my country code is not listed (like +44…, +43… ). I tried buying numbers to get the verification code, but it doesn’t work

Related to this, I submitted a request to GitHub

I got a response:
—> This is a read-only mirror of F-Droid / Data · GitLab , please submit contributions there.

But I can’t! How can I do it?

Question - How or who can publish my application in f-droid?
Moderated to remove redirection.

1 Like

See the Submit Application section in: Contribute | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Also, if the applocation is reproducible then check with @Licaon_Kter . He can assist further on this. I have limited idea on it and may not be able to guide correctly.

Meanwhile go through: Docs | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

You can maybe submit via your own repo (host) and or via asking someone to open a PR for submitting your application in Gitlab.

For the Gitlab part where you are ubable to sign-in, you can try and use login via Github.

1 Like

we can discuss here too, eg. like we did for Newapp: Secreto por Androido

Is that your app?

1 Like

Yes, the app is mine.

First, can you explain what the app is about? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s a book.
Translation into Russian from English

Mod edit: combined the 2 posts.

What’s the license of that book? Links to info about the book? Some pics from the app?

1 Like
  1. Licenses
  • GNU General Public License 3 (application)
  • Public domain in the USA. (Book)

1. Links to info about the book

1. Some pics from the app

Maybe you also need an icon

The text from the “description” section in “README_EN.md” and “README.md” can be used as a description of the application-book for Russian and English languages

Mod edit: combined 2 posts.

1 Like

@TimeBinding request you to edit a post and not create new replies.

1 Like

How can a book be an application? What does it do? How does one interact with it?

1 Like

You just open, the app, you see a list of chapters, you pick a chapter and you read it
screenshots

I am trying to populize materials on general-semantics in Russian.
And one of the methods could be to publish one of the books in f-droid.

Korzybski’s,. work has the potential to prevent revolutions and wars, he apparently knew the reasons how people come to wars and revolutions,.

Just What is General Semantics?

D. David Bourland, Jr., discussing his personal reflections on Alfred Korzybski and General Semantics.

There are plans to make more of Alfred Korzybski’sScience and Sanity” etc

1 Like

This is a commendable endevour, my friend. For many years I have been thinking about the communication among people (came across Marshall Rosenberg’s way of communication,
and also I appreciated a lot how Mr. Rogers addressed people) without ever really knowing there was a field studying this. There is no way to overstate the importance of communication. I will surely bingewatch Irving Lee’s ‘Talking Sense’ lecture on YT, and research on Korzybski’s work.

Once you have the materials in English, you may consider making a bi-lingual version as it would have a bigger possibility of diffusion—me included :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck with your project.

1 Like

builds fine metadata/com.timebinding.manhoodofhumanity.yml

License: Unknown
SourceCode: https://github.com/c22qE/ManhoodOfHumanity
IssueTracker: https://github.com/c22qE/ManhoodOfHumanity/issues

AutoName: ManhoodOfHumanity

RepoType: git
Repo: https://github.com/c22qE/ManhoodOfHumanity.git

Builds:
  - versionName: '1.0'
    versionCode: 1
    commit: 230db22cbf04bd9d91adb4624fdfd19b2853de3f
    subdir: app
    sudo:
      - apt-get update
      - apt-get install -y openjdk-17-jdk-headless
      - update-java-alternatives -a
    gradle:
      - yes

AutoUpdateMode: Version
UpdateCheckMode: Tags
CurrentVersion: '1.0'
CurrentVersionCode: 1

there’s a menu button upper right that does nothing? first entry looks like an index yet you can’t touch chapters to be taken there

there’s no history of reading or bookmarks? feels odd to lose your spot later, you want to continue reading.

interesting feature indeed

@TimeBinding are you able or willing to sign your own APKs? we can test for repro, ref: Inclusion How-To | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

1 Like

I will definitely consider making a bilingual version, thank you

1. @TimeBinding are you able or willing to sign your own APKs?

Yes I can and would prefer to do so.

As I understand I need to create a key using “keytool” or IDE and build a signed APK.
Having done that, I published the signed APK to github repo.

I also added a sha256 file

1. I plan on fixing this in the next release
  • there’s a menu button upper right that does nothing?

• first entry looks like an index yet you can’t touch chapters to be taken there*

• there’s no history of reading or bookmarks? feels odd to lose your spot later, you want to continue reading.

• Once you have the materials in English, you may consider making a bi-lingual version as it would have a bigger possibility of diffusion

:tada: Release 2024-02-22-android · c22qE/ManhoodOfHumanity · GitHub is reproducible

do add a Fastlane structure for screenshots, description, icon, etc: Fastlane file structure ($1895688) · Snippets · GitLab

try to tag closer to the actual version name, not random date strings, as we can template versionCode and versionName to pickup the APK path from you release, but the current

https://github.com/c22qE/ManhoodOfHumanity/releases/download/2024-02-22-android/ManhoodOfHumanity-20240222-release.apk

one is not useful

eg. better

https://github.com/c22qE/ManhoodOfHumanity/releases/download/1.0/ManhoodOfHumanity-1.0.apk

1 Like

Thank you for noticing.

Done :tada: Newapp: ManhoodOfHumanity (!14665) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

@TimeBinding fyi FAQ · Wiki · F-Droid / wiki · GitLab

1 Like

I’ve a couple of thoughts about the app’s name that I’d like to respectfully bring to your attention with the hope that they may contribute to the aim you have with your app.

While “Manhood of Humanity” is the title of A. Korzybski’s book, the term “manhood” may unintentionally give the impression of male-oriented content, quite distant from the inclusive nature of GS.

From another perspective, having the app named after a single book may limit its perceived scope and potential. A broader or more general name (even a creative one) would accomodate for an easier expansion and should better represent the breadth of content that the app may eventually offer—other works, media and resources on GS.

1 Like