Which F-Droid Client Currently Using as Your Default Application?

Which F-Droid Client Currently Using as Your Default Application?
  • F-Droid (Official)
  • F-Droid Basic
  • Neo Store (Unofficial)
  • G-Droid (Unofficial)
  • Foxy Droid (Unofficial)
  • Aurora Droid (Unofficial)
  • F-Droid Classic (Unofficial)
  • Droid-ify (Unofficial)
0 voters
3 Likes

Used to be bubu and official one earlier, but I had a lot of crashes with bubu one. Finally had to switch.
Never tried Neo as somehow found it too cluttered (in snaps). Rest I have tried but mostly is Official and Droid-ify now. Even for my parents.

F-Droid official since it supports the privileged extension, so I can have unattended upgrades.

1 Like

Latest F-Droid official (alpha) and Basic can do unattended upgrades without the PrivExt on Android 12 or later :wink:

4 Likes

Droid-ify as main app and Neo Store for saving original apks (because Droid-ify saves apks only in data/data, as F-Droid official apps).

1 Like

Droid-ify can copy links with a long press, which can then be downloaded through the browser

1 Like

Thanks, now i can delete Neo Store, since i finding Droid-ify better in all other aspects, and it’s also less buggy.

1 Like

Hi folks, does any have the possibility of a backup?

backup of? settings? APKs? repo list?

2 Likes

just the apk list to dwl after reboot / changing phone

btw, how could clients backup any of the others?

1 Like

client settings and repo list? That’s easy I guess, export to XML or whatever, may apps have that

Droid-Ify can export/import app setting and repo list

1 Like

As we seen F-Droid Official app have more voting, but also other F-Droid apps have some votes.

Can you share what features that are not available in F-Droid Official App, that available in other F-Droid Apps.

For me Foxy and Droid-Ify has must better UI is pretty much it. Also less permissions and less features that I don’t use.

I like the idea about F-droid basic but I just can’t get used to the UI.

Try with F-Droid 1.19.0-alpha3 ?

Still the same UI as non beta. In Droid-Ify I can find everything very fast and easy in 1-2 click or swipe.

Example droid-ify I can get to installed apps in 1 swipe.

in basic I need to click settings (bottom screen) → installed apps (top screen) annoying to do one handed.

Sometimes basic take 2-5 seconds just to load categories never happened in Droid-Ify.

1 Like

What’s the use case? Aren’t all your apps in your launcher?

I prefer F-Droid as my go-to app store because it officially supports the privileged extension, enabling me to enjoy unattended upgrades seamlessly.

Was just a bad example of simpler UI but I uses it surprising a lot when I thinking about it.

I uses links to follow changelogs, Issues and dev blogs without github, gitlab accounts. I know I can use RSS but I like it this way. I also using as a app launcher sometimes if I see Droid-Ify is open.

1 Like

F-Droid & F-Droid Basic Version 1.19.0 Released
Next upcoming index update will receive.

Summary

metadata/org.fdroid.fdroid.yml · 38339806f730878d1b5b5ce41fed708698b57fc9 · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like