What types of apps are you missing from the FOSS ecosystem?

A Backup feature (there’s an open issue) could fulfill this, “hey grab my list of freeFOSSfavoriteAPPS.xml”

I’m searching Google and F-Droid for a Website Widget. It seems there is no such app in any appstore that works with an Openstreetmap and nodered ui Website.
Does someone know an App for that?

1 Like

There is Collabora Office, based on LibreOffice Online:

Currently, it is not available of F-Droid, but there is already a RFP: Collabora Office (#1399) · Issues · F-Droid / Requests For Packaging · GitLab.

3 Likes

In AOSP contact app and phone app you cannot search your own contacts for phone numbers.
Is there an app on F-Droid that allows you to do that?

Which app from F-Droid did you try already?

You can use the dialer for that. But you need to start with the beginning of the number

Edit: Simple Dialer from F-Droid also works if your search does not start with the beginning of the number.
So 6789 will find 123456789
And Simple Contacts can do the same. But both won’t show the full number, just the name of the contact in the results. In the settings of Simple Contacts you can enable to always show the phone number.

I am missing a traditional wireless FM Radio (no Web Radio) that work for devices with FM-functionality.

For Android 10 and above there is no app for monitoring ongoing network connections. NetMonitor from fdroid is good but won’t work on 10 or above. That’s what I’m missing for now. If you have any suggestion for alternative app let me know.

Netguard works great… :wink:

Are there any github clients on F-Droid besides ForkHub and OctoDroid?

It seems github screwed something up on its websites and now ForkHub is very hit or miss and I can’t login at all with OctoDroid.

FastHub-Libre works fine here

1 Like

Thanks, works for me too. ForkHub also started working again. Looks like Github’s website is simply randomly timing out for me, wasn’t Forkhub’s problem.

The idea of this post wasn’t so you would quip each response

@Zolidor

Github’s website is simply randomly timing out

Github is now micros**t, so may they DDOS in Hell Rest In Peace. Quip quip.

umm? I thought people ask questions because they want answers…

What’s the deal here? What’s the issue?

1 Like

Yeah I hear ya and I’m waiting for all F-Droid app devs to jump ship, but in the meantime I still have bugs to report unfortunately ; -)

1 Like

I’ve installed Collabora but unfortunately it keeps crashing whenever I try to open a (new) file. Not sure where the problem is. FWIW I didn’t let it go online and I don’t have Google Play services.

Hopefully the F-Droid version will be compiled soon - fingers crossed

It’s old, but there is:

SpiritF (Use headphones as antenna for FM radio) - SpiritF | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

1 Like

A fork of Blokada or Netguard with an aditional wireguard VPPN included.

1 Like

Linux to Android converter. Input tarball, output apk.
GUI ImageMagick
GIMP port
Virtualization
Universal compression app
Privilege elevation like ‘sudo’.
SElinux policy editor
chown, chmod functionality in a file manager
Remote desktop between mobile devices over ad hoc wifi or Bluetooth
Network wifi bandwith monitor