Welcome a new Fennec F-Droid

I meant, add more addons to your collection and check whether they’re visible in Fennec.

This relates to site permissions, not extensions.

Good afternoon:

First of all thank you for all your work and effort.

I am trying to make changes to obout:config and have them saved after closing the browser. But it is impossible, they always return to their original state.

For example entries related to Google or mozilla among others.

I also tried the user.js

https://git.nixnet.xyz/Narsil/mobile_user.js and https://github.com/arkenfox/user.js

But it is impossible.

Thanks for your time and help.

Which entries?

Good evening @Licaon_Kter

The truth is that there are several, some of mozilla telemetry, others related to google, etc . . . For example

browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser

Disable Activity Stream feeds
Disable other sync settings

browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.advisoryURL", “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.pver”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.advisoryName”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.gethashURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.lastupdatetime”, “”); // [DESKTOP]
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.lists”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.nextupdatetime”, “”); // [DESKTOP]
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.reportMalwareMistakeURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.reportPhishMistakeURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.reportURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google.updateURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.advisoryName”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.advisoryURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.gethashURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.lastupdatetime”, “”); // [DESKTOP]
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.lists”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.nextupdatetime”, “”); // [DESKTOP]
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.reportMalwareMistakeURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.reportPhishMistakeURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.reportURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.updateURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.dataSharing.enabled”, false);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.dataSharingURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.google4.pver”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.gethashURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.lastupdatetime”, “”); // [DESKTOP]
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.lists”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.lists.base”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.lists.content”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.nextupdatetime”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.pver”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.provider.mozilla.updateURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.reportPhishURL”, “”);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.features.cryptomining.update”, false);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.features.fingerprinting.update”, false);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.features.malware.update”, false);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.features.pishing.update”, false);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.features.trackingAnnotation.update”, false);
user_pref(“browser.safebrowsing.features.trackingProtection.update”, false);
// -------------------------------------

Etc…

And some more that you can check when you try to put any of the users. A hug and thank you for your time and help.

God bless you, thank you!

Guys, please concentrate: you are not going to log into anything to transfer your data to the new browser, that would be insanity.

Here’s how to inject your about:config via devtools (it’s a little different, “Scratchpad” is gone but it’s an integrated function - I’m sure you’ll find it. ;))

And your logins, you’re going to send them from a Desktop Signal (or Telegram, or something) and type them in when needed.

How else you expect to keep sht private, if you don’t have root on the phone and operating just within the userspace.

Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for the collection.
Can I ask for adding? I would like to try Redirect AMP to HTML and Privacy Redirect.

1 Like

Does it have view source and save to pdf?

1 Like

Can someone please tell hat is the the policy for fennec updates? Is it from the fenix stable branch? I am using it without problem. I can’t contribute anything I am afraid as I am just an average end user. Thanks for the work people have put in.

1 Like

Does it have view source and save to pdf?

You can use View Page Source extension from the collection mentioned in this post: Welcome a new Fennec F-Droid - #257 by chaser

No idea about PDF.

Can someone please tell hat is the the policy for fennec updates? Is it from the fenix stable branch?

Yes, Fennec F-Droid updates just after the stable Firefox (codenamed Fenix). We’re trying to keep up as fast as possible. We skip some minor Fennec updates when they bring no security fixes.

2 Likes

The new fennec has view source and local html files support?

1 Like

The new fennec has view source and local html files support?

I’ve already answered about view source above. As to local html viewing, see
see Open local html files in Fenix · Issue #7546 · mozilla-mobile/fenix · GitHub.

1 Like

Is there a way to disable port restrictions? My normal PC fix is this Firefox - This address is restricted - Override Fix .

I need to navigate to localip:port but Fennec doesn’t allow me to

Anybody else has problems with Fennec not receiving tabs from desktop?

Firefox is also installed and it works fine.

1 Like

about:support now shows, 86.1.1 Fennec F-Droid:

user.js Preferences

Your profile folder contains a user.js file, which includes preferences that were not created by Fennec.

… and the changes are visible in about:config on install (and I would say are very good, the few included), but has this kind of a -custom- change been discussed anywhere?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s possibly great - however, for example, what happens to the (user.js) file once we inject our code via PC devtools; could there be more potential issues…:slight_smile:

EDIT: err, if I’m not mistaking? (I was manually editing a fresh install about:config and noticed some settings already had been set, therefore my assumption above; can’t wipe it now, to double check)

but has this kind of a -custom- change been discussed anywhere?

We make changes to mobile.js to prevent proprietary code downloading: prebuild.sh · master · relan / fennecbuild · GitLab. I don’t think they were discussed. Would be nice if someone checked them.

1 Like

Awesome, tyvm for the reply. As for the line:

// Avoid openh264 being downloaded pref("media.gmp-manager.url.override", "data:text/plain,");

… Is it being correctly configured? The gHacks user.js on Github, from Thorin-Oakenpants, now called “arkenfox” shows setting that sort of field with:

user_pref("toolkit.telemetry.server", "data:,");

(And I think I can recall it being written previously as in the prebuild.sh script, which they have changed to without specifying a MIME type.)

EDIT: I realize the documentation:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Basics_of_HTTP/Data_URIs

… but, I think there has been a reason for the change - and specifically related to the user.js file, to configuring these special fields which require it - trying to find it.

I have same problem

Was changing bunch of about:config options through remote debugging from desktop firefox. Initially entries are accepted by Fennec, but upon closing Fennec entries are reset to default state.

In particular google safebrowsing and mozilla telemetry entries are reset.

This is a killer issue since have no intention to call google domains while browsing.

Is there a way of fixing it? Issue is several months old

Also what is this extension about in default Fennec install:

Mozilla Android Components - Ads
Extension id: ads@mozac.org

Did not find much information around. Is mozilla bundling advertisement addons that are not stripped by Fennec?