TWIF submission thread

Yesterday: 5 new posts :heart_eyes:
Today: 5 new posts :star_struck:

TFW none of them are submissions :sob:

2 Likes

https://bytemybits.gitlab.io/post/2018-05-23-how-to-android-without-google-easy-way/

2 Likes

@Coffee Yop Coffee,
I updated “The Light” (Version 3.3):
• Fix: menu
• Fix: Youtubers’ article
• Fix (TV): search Favorites
• +1 Youtuber

So you can now also include the support of Android TV, D-pad, Keyboard.
Thanks a lot :blush:

2 Likes

@Coffee I uploaded my slides here: https://bubu1.eu/fdroid_talk.pdf

We can probably also add them to the f-droid website as an asset directly when you want to include them in the next twif.

2 Likes

@Bubu Yeah, it’d be great if we could mention that without causing your personal server to melt down. :wink:

1 Like

That probably won’t happen but I’d like to not being responsible to keeping it under that very URL available forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Minetest 0.4.17.1 was released: Changelog - Minetest Developer Wiki

1 Like

@Bubu Serve it up w/ a RAW link in a docs repo under your GitLab account: no more personal server & @Coffee no meltdown :bow:

1 Like

@TPS already taken care of. See week 24 edition.

2 Likes

I made the wikipedia app ~5mb smaller (from 21 mb) by excluding some unused native library architectures.

5 Likes

LaunchTime launcher/homescreen was updated to version 0.7.6 to fix some Oreo issues and beta-enable some Oreo features like Pinned Shortcuts. LaunchTime Homescreen | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

And possibly applicable to TWIF, I’ve created a “My favorite apps on F-Droid” article: My favorite apps on F-Droid - [Quaap.com] . It’s mostly something I use to evangelize F-Droid to non-FOSS people, because sometimes the sheer volume of apps available leads people to wonder where to start.

3 Likes

maybe for one of the next TWIFs:

• about every 5th app will have a more detailed description soon. 80% completed, more than 50% already merged (I’m still working on the remaining 20% and hope to be through until Sunday)
  • soon it will be more obvious from within the client/website whether the source code of an app has “disappeared”: If NoSourceSince is set in Metadata, that is now propagated to a new NoSourceSince AntiFeature (and yes, lots of apps have been updated in this regard, or the description has been updated to state “no longer maintained”)

Reading between the lines: a lot of app descriptions have been updated. Sometimes their links as well (e.g. as their repo or website has moved).

5 Likes

Some volunteer(s) needed to review the remaing MRs (part 15 to 19), so this task can be completed :wink:

1 Like

I looked upon them, didn’t know I’d have to say something since I did not see any issues. :+1:

1 Like

It really helps to give a :+1: on the issue directly. Or maybe even leave a comment as people who can merge will get an email then.

1 Like

Merged all but the last one now.

1 Like

So what’s the last one missing? I cannot fix the “insecure gradle” (which has already been there) – and it might take quite a while until a fix from upstream will be made, if at all. But as that’s not new, it should have no effect on the MR as such.

Oh, and I see it already has a thumbs-up :wink:

1 Like

Done now! Thanks @Licaon_Kter for reviewing.

1 Like

And thanks @Bubu for processing the load! You’ve spent some time on all that :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks for regulary providing the TWIF.

Is it possible for the the section “updated apps” to add a small info about every presented app?

I just read This Week in F-Droid, Week 28 | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository and several of the presented apps are new for me.

so instead of

• Tusky 2.0 is out!

i would prefer

• Tusky 2.0, the client for the social network “Mastodon” is out!

The part with “new apps looks perfect for me”

3 Likes