TWIF submission thread

@Coffee Yop Coffee,
I updated “The Light” (Version 3.3):
• Fix: menu
• Fix: Youtubers’ article
• Fix (TV): search Favorites
• +1 Youtuber

So you can now also include the support of Android TV, D-pad, Keyboard.
Thanks a lot :blush:

2 Likes

@Coffee I uploaded my slides here: https://bubu1.eu/fdroid_talk.pdf

We can probably also add them to the f-droid website as an asset directly when you want to include them in the next twif.

2 Likes

@Bubu Yeah, it’d be great if we could mention that without causing your personal server to melt down. :wink:

1 Like

That probably won’t happen but I’d like to not being responsible to keeping it under that very URL available forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Minetest 0.4.17.1 was released: Changelog - Minetest Developer Wiki

1 Like

@Bubu Serve it up w/ a RAW link in a docs repo under your GitLab account: no more personal server & @Coffee no meltdown :bow:

1 Like

@TPS already taken care of. See week 24 edition.

2 Likes

I made the wikipedia app ~5mb smaller (from 21 mb) by excluding some unused native library architectures.

5 Likes

LaunchTime launcher/homescreen was updated to version 0.7.6 to fix some Oreo issues and beta-enable some Oreo features like Pinned Shortcuts. LaunchTime Homescreen | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

And possibly applicable to TWIF, I’ve created a “My favorite apps on F-Droid” article: My favorite apps on F-Droid - [Quaap.com] . It’s mostly something I use to evangelize F-Droid to non-FOSS people, because sometimes the sheer volume of apps available leads people to wonder where to start.

3 Likes

maybe for one of the next TWIFs:

• about every 5th app will have a more detailed description soon. 80% completed, more than 50% already merged (I’m still working on the remaining 20% and hope to be through until Sunday)
  • soon it will be more obvious from within the client/website whether the source code of an app has “disappeared”: If NoSourceSince is set in Metadata, that is now propagated to a new NoSourceSince AntiFeature (and yes, lots of apps have been updated in this regard, or the description has been updated to state “no longer maintained”)

Reading between the lines: a lot of app descriptions have been updated. Sometimes their links as well (e.g. as their repo or website has moved).

5 Likes

Some volunteer(s) needed to review the remaing MRs (part 15 to 19), so this task can be completed :wink:

1 Like

I looked upon them, didn’t know I’d have to say something since I did not see any issues. :+1:

1 Like

It really helps to give a :+1: on the issue directly. Or maybe even leave a comment as people who can merge will get an email then.

1 Like

Merged all but the last one now.

1 Like

So what’s the last one missing? I cannot fix the “insecure gradle” (which has already been there) – and it might take quite a while until a fix from upstream will be made, if at all. But as that’s not new, it should have no effect on the MR as such.

Oh, and I see it already has a thumbs-up :wink:

1 Like

Done now! Thanks @Licaon_Kter for reviewing.

1 Like

And thanks @Bubu for processing the load! You’ve spent some time on all that :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks for regulary providing the TWIF.

Is it possible for the the section “updated apps” to add a small info about every presented app?

I just read This Week in F-Droid, Week 28 | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository and several of the presented apps are new for me.

so instead of

• Tusky 2.0 is out!

i would prefer

• Tusky 2.0, the client for the social network “Mastodon” is out!

The part with “new apps looks perfect for me”

3 Likes

Hi @k3b,

I don’t guarantee that every updated app will always have a small description, which may be too repetitive, but I will try to do this a lot more often.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

hi @Coffee

I just read the last TWIF and saw that many “updated apps” now have enough info what the app is about.

you did an excellent job. thank you verry much.

sorry to cause you more work on that.

1 Like