Simple Mobile apps update

Don’t understand that… ok I see build succeeded but not showing to me

After the running index will completed,
You will get Fossify Phone with in 2 or 3 days.

Ok thanks @naveen

No. When it is you will find it in the F-droid app listing and in the search function.

Rid of all the simple apps now. They can stuff their adware crap

why anyone will buy their adware when there are alternatives amazes me.

I am using the dialler that came with the phone till the fossify is ready

1 Like

If you need use simple mobile tools apps in F-Droid until Fossify Release the Apps.

Fossify Contacts released in Github

2 Likes

You can fetch the Fossify version early at Github. Github and Fdroid versions have the same signature, not like Simple. You can first fetch from Github and later update from Fdroid without signature conflict.
Links to releases are near the page bottom for each app.

I hope SMS will come soon. Contacts, Phone and SMS need to go together as they share the private storage contacts.

There is nothing wrong with using the last Simple apps till the Fossify are out. Actually you should keep them as reference in case you find “new” bugs in Fossify which might well have been there already.

2 Likes

Fossify Phone released in F-Droid Repo

https://f-droid.org/packages/org.fossify.phone/

Summary

Fossify Messages & Fossify Contacts

Build Success next index it will be release.

metadata/org.fossify.messages.yml · 2d57123c5f02131aeca2a49b79ff93d18430d609 · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

metadata/org.fossify.contacts.yml · 2d57123c5f02131aeca2a49b79ff93d18430d609 · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

Fossify Contacts & Fossify SMS Messenger app released in F-Droid App.

2 Likes

Big thanks.

1 Like

Thanks from me too. A donation will be forthcoming.

1 Like

The description on the F-Droid apps page for Simple SMS Messenger is now inaccurate.
i.e. “Contains no ads or unnecessary permissions. It is fully opensource, provides customizable colors.”

ZipoApps has bought Simple Mobile Tools, so if it has not been done already, it is time to review any apps on F-Droid developed by Simple Mobile Tools.

1 Like

See this:

The offered apps are clean… look at the publish date and then look at the ZipoApps news date.

Whatever happened later does not concern THESE versions.

1 Like

I was delighted to find this thread, I had no idea the Simple Mobile Tools apps had been sold. I’ve updated Calendar to the Fossify app and all works well.

I’m wondering if anyone knows if Fossify intend to release a version of Simple Notes?

soon I guess Availability on F-Droid · FossifyOrg · Discussion #9 · GitHub

Things are going stupid in google play with everything wanting a subscription for their apps! I used to use Simple Contacts because it was originally free and was just a no frills contact manager. I had an issue with it where it gave me an error saving a contact so I thought no big deal I would just uninstall and reinstall… Well when I went to reinstall I found they wanted $15 — get this… A WEEK for a subscription. So a 1-star review later telling them they could keep their app and I found F-Droid and installed a free contact app from there. THANK YOU again! This is awesome.

3 Likes

Yes, the simple mobile tools recently got sold to a shady company, breaking their promise to the users. That caused quite some discussion, see the thread Simple Mobile apps update - #62 by jnkmbx

But there are now the Fossify apps, which are a community continuation of the last free versions of the simple apps. Look for Fossify Contacts.

$15 per week ($630 per year? O_o) for a contacts app sounds indeed ridiculus. But F-Droid is not about gratis apps, it’s about freedom. Four freedoms, actually: What is Free Software? - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

BTW, thanks a lot for mentioning F-Droid in reviews on Google Play! I think Simple Mobile Tools case can make a lot of people think about their rights regarding software.

3 Likes