Sideloading via Repos/Archive

Hi, I’ve got an old Blackberry Z10 (for the kids as well). Its Android 4. sth. Prefer sideloads - activating repository in f-droid app doesn’t work anyway (works on my newer mobile though). achive.org is out of work. So that’s dead end. Would be a shame to dump the BB - handy size and still good design. No necessity to be online with those.

Hint would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Try with F-Droid Classic and activate the Archive repo.

Do you mean achive.org or archive.org ?

And Running on old Androids · Wiki · F-Droid / wiki · GitLab

Thanx for the quick replies. F-Droid Classic 1.2 seems to be a good idea, but the BB’s Android is just 4.1.2. Got an older F-Droid version from apkpure now → But notice ‘website is not available’.
Have to look after the kids now, try tomorrow again.

Cheers

I would strongly suggest getting F-Droid from F-Droid, we can’t know if versions shared on other websites are actually safe and non-modified copies: Running on old Android versions | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Anyway, hope the older version works well on your device.

1 Like

Tried with F-Droid Classic 1.2, didn’t work. Then with F-Droid repos Android 4.0 (API 14) to Android 5.0 (API 21) 1.12.1 (‚Running on old Android versions‘) The installation was very bumpy. After activating F-Droid loading the archives took ages, always crashed, then parsing error …… but then I realised that the consecutive version numbering looked a bit odd. Tried the Android 2.3.3 (API 10) to Android 3.2 (API 13) Version → 1.2.2. And it really worked. Simply the attributions have been swaped by mistake.

So the old Blackberry doesn’t have to die yet. Thanks very much again for your effort!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.