NewPipe update request

Updates on the official F-Droid repo generally requires a few days before being available, for NewPipe if you want to receive updates more quickly you can add the dedicated repo that is maintained by NewPipe developers (in this case you need to uninstall the version of official F-Droid repo so remember to export the database before uninstalling it).

1 Like

You can also install the alternative skytube or newpipe sponsor block till then without having to uninstall the f-droid newpipe version.

Thank you both for your timely replies with suggestions. I shall wait for the Newpipe update on F-Droid and give skytube a go meanwhile. Cheers.

1 Like

Theres also Newpipe with Sponserblock

App was built: https://monitor.f-droid.org/builds/log/org.schabi.newpipe/985#site-footer awaiting publishing.

1 Like

meh f-droid · Issue #8 · polymorphicshade/NewPipe · GitHub

Thank you for the tip.
Sorry for the long silence. I had some difficulties logging back onto the F-Droid forum … inexperience

Dear all,

I see in F-Droid monitor around last 3 builds, newpipe will see in success build all 3 times, but not available in update and now itself it shown again in running build.

Please check

https://monitor.f-droid.org/builds/log/org.schabi.newpipe/993#site-footer

I didn’t notice it, but seen it in the missing builds log indeed
Will keep an eye on it in the next cycle.

1 Like

Again build success for newpipe…please check and clear the issues.

https://monitor.f-droid.org/builds/log/org.schabi.newpipe/993#site-footer

Enable reproducible builds for NewPipe (org.schabi.newpipe) (!12842) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab :frowning:

Newpipe update status?

See any news in the post above…

/PS: none yet :frowning:

F-Droid 1.18.0 on Android 10 does not show NewPipe 0.26.1 update.

The same F-Droid on Android 8.0 showed NewPipe 0.26.1 and could update it without any issues.

BTW… thank you for bringing F-Droid to life !!! :smiley:

Gitlab ain`t opening for me right now, but just check, as the build may not have come yet.
Also, is it 0.26.1 or 0.25.1/2?

1 Like

I see. Good to know. Could not imagine, why, on one phone F-Droid shows the update and on the other it doesn’t. Patience is key :slight_smile:

RE: on the Android 10 I have NewPipe 0.25.2 now and there is a 0.26.1 update that is not showing just yet.

Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, just checked. Newpipe on Github was released just 1 week and also 3 days ago. F-Droid builds take a bit of time to come by.
Also just realized why you are able to see both versions. Would be due to both the F-Droid repo (slower in release, but signed by F-Ddroid), and the NewPipe`s own repository turned ON (you get the releases as soon as they come, but signed by NewPipe).

It could be an Android version-specific issue. Have you tried refreshing the F-Droid repository or manually checking for updates within NewPipe?

The F-Droid build are stuck and failing. Team is already looking into that. It was mentioned in the TWIF as well.

1 Like

Given how Google breaks them every few months I honestly recommend using their repo instead: Add the NewPipe repository to F-Droid