Newapp: Secreto por Androido

I sent RP/

I donā€™t see en-US nor icon.png as asked :frowning:

I wonā€™t make him angry. We were made to understand that nothing with en-US would be added. So weā€™ll have to do without itā€¦

My Pull request was approved, the application icon was also added!

1 Like

Thatā€™s unfortunate, but we canā€™t add an app with an empty description for most users. :frowning:

Thanks for taking time to try at least. :slight_smile:

I wrote earlier to team@f-droid.org about this application and received a response

Yes, English is not a requirement to be added.  Free software is a requirment

> Hello! I already wrote to you once about adding an application that does not support English. So, the application has finally appeared in the public. Here is the link to the repository
>
> https://git.disroot.org/1010/secreto_android
>
> Tell me, is it possible to add it to the f-droid? 
1 Like

Or Iā€™m looking very poorly, but nowhere is it indicated that the description should also be in English.

The page with the description of the application | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository*** will be displayed in these languages. Apart from Esperanto, I donā€™t see it in the dropdown menu. So let the default description for all languages except supported ones be displayed in Esperanto.

Iā€™ve already pointed that: " en-US folder ā€¦ is used as a fallback for those that are NOT using Esperanto or Russian"

I understand that maybe the developer has their preferences & opinions, but adding ā€œan app with an empty description for most usersā€ will look strange

also, what happens when we need to interact in the future, when thereā€™s a build issue, will they respond to my english? going by the way 8 strings of text were treated it might not be something fun to do :frowning:

1 Like

Is there no fallback option for those who donā€™t use English?

No, he will not respond if the message is only in English. I have used the Esperanto translation and added the original text below. Everything was fine, he answered me.

I havenā€™t given up yet! If by some miracle I can convince him to add the en-US directory. Will just this directory with the file full_description.txt be enough, which will only contain this line ā€œThe application is only in Esperanto and Russianā€, and Iā€™ll leave the screenshots and everything else in the eo directory?

for my point of view, yes
and icon.png pls

yes

Licaon_Kter, can you do a backflip?

Sorry, I had to try. It seems the ring of speech and the potion worked. He added everything! Shrek_joins_The_Avengers.git

rebuilding now, thanks

builds, but, in order to pickup the fastlane part we need to build from 1010/secreto_android - Disroot Forgejo: Brace yourself, merge conflicts ahead.

but, to be able to be reproducible, upstream should need to build from the same commit, eg. tag 1.0.1 or something

Try again! The new version also uses this commit.

Still worriedā€¦ Any news?

Will carry on soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Interested done: Newapp: Sekreto (!14605) Ā· Merge requests Ā· F-Droid / Data Ā· GitLab

fyi FAQ Ā· Wiki Ā· F-Droid / wiki Ā· GitLab

Hooray! Thanks a lot!

Hello. The author wants to correct a mistake in the name of the repository and application. I see he has already made changes to the fastlane catalog. Now all that remains is the repository itself and the application.

The repository will be renamed from

secreto_android

On

Sekreto_android

The application will be renamed from

Secreto

On

Sekreto

Can you make the appropriate changes to the metadata file?

In what order should you proceed?