New TWIF Submission Thread

When they tag the next release (Releases · fcitx5-android/fcitx5-android · GitHub) your translation will be used.

1 Like

Clear. Thanks!

New releases on f-droid.org are now being pushed to IPFS, providing an additional mirroring channel that can be managed more flexibly. If this goes smoothly, we intend to upload all releases on f-droid.org to IPFS.

2 Likes

Freepaint key change, so we don’t forget.

1 Like

net.stargw.fok key change, switch to RB, so we don’t forget.

1 Like

Sithakuru changed the app id and switched to reproducible build.

2 Likes

We review lots of f-droid.org mirrors, and selected some new ones to add:

We will also be adding the possibility for users to select mirrors based on location or fastest connection. Then we’ll be adding some more mirrors.

4 Likes

DiskUsage is updated to 5.0.0. We can’t build it for 6 years due to a system.jar from AOSP. It’s not needed anymore so we get the update finally!

2 Likes

~~Simple Mobile Tools have been sold, more info https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/-/issues/3142~~

1 Like

Hi! As requested by @linsui, here’s another entry for TWIF:

The Threema end-to-end encrypted messenger, which has been open source for a few years now, is now included in the official F-Droid repository as “Threema Libre”! (I think the index needs a while to update though, but the MR was merged a few minutes ago.)

Previously the messenger was already installable through a custom repository, but many users asked whether it could be included in the official repo as well. Thanks to the work by @linsui, @Licaon_Kter, @obfusk, @Mynacol and others, our reproducible build could be successfully verified! Thus, builds from our custom repository can be published in identical form through the F-Droid repository. This means that users can use our repository if they want faster updates, or simply use the official F-Droid sources without having to set up any custom repo.

Thanks to Threema Push (a persistent network connection in a background service), the app already supported instant notifications on new messages without having to rely on Firebase / Google Push. With today’s update to version 5.2, Threema Libre now also supports waking up Threema Web sessions, the last piece that was missing for Threema Libre to have feature-parity with the “regular” version from Google Play.

The integration into the F-Droid repo / index is not maintained by us, but we are happy to assist if any questions arise! Feel free to ping me.

5 Likes

Xmp Mod Player 4.12.0 is rebuilt to fix it. It was published (or committed) in 2018 and there is no more development since then. I updated it in 2021 but I made a mistake and the apk didn’t really work since the libxmp was not built at all. Recently I got a report about that and fixed the build with some patches so that it can be built with JDK 11 and NDK r26. It’s a music player for modules which are even older. You can find some modules on https://modarchive.org/.

1 Like

There is yet another member of You Apps added to F-Droid. Now there are 6 You Apps in F-Droid:

And the newly added Calc You! All of them are reproducible build!

2 Likes

SMASH — Smart Mobile App for Surveyor's Happiness | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository key change :frowning:

1 Like

Okay sure @paulali

Screenshot sharer changed the appid and enabled reproducible build. The new app is https://f-droid.org/packages/io.rosenpin.screenshotsharer/.

2 Likes

Arcticons Light and Dark switched to reproducible build.

3 Likes

Updating Tux Paint to 0.9.31. The apk size will grow to about 250MB (up from 32Mb) due to the inclussion of stamps. :astonished:

@Licaon_Kter
I managed to decrease the stamp size dramatically:

• before: Total disk usage: 236.7 MiB, Apparent size: 214.4 MiB, Items: 11044
  • after: Total disk usage: 154.5 MiB, Apparent size: 132.4 MiB, Items: 11044

edit: emailed the developer

2 Likes

Thanks a lot to you and the F-Droid team for making this happen. Reproducible builds are a great transparency feature, for F-Droid, but also for Arcticons!

Happy New Year! NewPipe published two new versions 0.26.0 and 0.26.1 adding support for more content from channels (playlists, shorts, about, …) and higher image quality in the last two weeks.

We have also written a blog post summarizing the important things from 2023 (e.g. implemented features, the newly founded NewPipe e.V., temporary removal of our homepage from Google search) and taking a look at the plans for 2024 (adding support for better search filters and starting the modernization of the app).
We also announce some maintainer changes: I will leave the project due to not having much spare time, Stypox and AudricV are taking more responsibilities, and the project is looking for new additional maintainers to fill the gap and be able to implement the plans for 2024.

2 Likes