Google and Youtube clients shutdown

:rofl:
Nice one

This is actually an AWESOME idea!!!
We The People should actually register a Corporation and force those whom usurp our constitutional rights of privacy to respect them this way.
Means, those “register” in such corporations by being part of it or being the corporation itself then their rights would be respected under a set of rules. Is it possible?

1 Like

You are aware that the app will eventually stop working? the timing will depend on Google’s willingness to finish the issue.

I think this is a good thing. Google finances the open web and innumerable content creators. Something like 70% of Google’s turnover goes to web site operators and YouTube artists. A lot of the rest goes to pay the enormous architecture Google has built to make this content creation and distribution possible.

If you want to watch YouTube without ads, just buy a YouTube premium account. If you think it’s a bad thing that your account contains a list of what you’ve watched, then just don’t watch YouTube.

Trying to find ways around supporting the content creators whose work you watch is not the answer.

You’ve got to be devil’s advocating!

1 Like

I refuse to fund Google’s evil empire. I will support content creators in other ways such as patreon or github sponsors if they provide the option. If they don’t provide that option, that is there problem, not mine.

Wyatt Jackson

2 Likes

Doesn’t this depend on the laws of each country? terms and conditions mean nothing if they are against the law.

IANAL TINLA, yes, and it is also not always a crime to violate TOS, depending on details… Court: Violating a site’s terms of service isn’t criminal hacking | Ars Technica

No google play protect can remove them if they want you need to turn it of and i don’t know what it does most apps downloaded from playstore are malware even recently i was reading that now scamers asking you to install a app from playstore and hijacking your device and steal money.

It makes me wonder at times

Google has to know that these types of apps exist for Youtube but usually they don’t take them down 100%. I say usually because I remember one time where they made changes to combat against mp3 downloads of Youtube videos.

The reason I think that vanced was even targeted at all is because that app was hosted on the Google play store while also going against google’s terms of service. Google doesn’t want public competition with other Youtube clients (especilly if they lose money with ones that block ads.) on the play store. On top of that it technically a copyright violation so Google was in their right to go after vanced.

Lesson learned, don’t put your Youtube clients that block ads or does background play without a membership on Google Play store because being on the Play Store instead of just some other store would reduce Googles income by an amount larger then being on fdroid or even apk pure or others. That’s how big Google’s Play userbase is.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.