Fennec and wikipedia, and Fennec issues

The start page of Fennec has a link to Wikipedia, and today I tried to use it for the first time. I have a Wikipedia account with some custom settings, so I tried to log in via the item in the webpage hamburger menu, however this seems to do nothing whatever.

Is this a Fennec bug or a Wikipedia bug? If Fennec, how do I report it? When I follow the “website” link from the Fennec app settings, I land on Mozilla mobile Firefox page; they are not quite the same are they?

Ian

@relan ping

Could you elaborate? When I press the humburger button I get a menu, as expected.

They are 99% the same.

Could you elaborate? When I press the humburger button I get a menu, as expected.

Sorry if I was too terse.

Firstly, I mean the hamburger menu inside the WP start page. Not the Fennec app menu. Clear?

Secondly, the behavior. So, as I said, I want to login to my WP account. I tap on the hamburger, the menu pops up. I tap on the “Log in” line. The menu pops down, I see the WP start page again, exactly the same as before. Nothing else changes, I get no new tab with a username/password dialog or anything like that. Clear now?

Thanks for staying on top of this.

Ian

I’m getting the log in page when I tap “Log in” in the hamburger menu:

I can only guess that some addon on customization in about:config is breaking Wikipedia for you.

Unfortunately I’m unable to inspect my about:config due to this other problem. Can you help me with that? I’ll stop bothering you for a bit :slight_smile:

Ian

Why not use the direct login page for Wikipedia? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.