Favourite browsers to use

Tor Browser as well. These are the advantages they have over Firefox. Firefox on Android is not recommended.

Please note: when you use a VPN you are only changing the hands in which your data is held and you can still be tracked by the servers you connect to if you use the same browser or log in to an account.
Especially if you have javascript enabled or if you do not have sufficient fingerprint protections.

Just try Yuzu Browser for once, you’ll definitely like it. It is highly customizable. But the only problem is, the last commit was on 1st March, 2021. Someone should continue this project.

meh Non-free dependencies ¡ Issue #204 ¡ hazuki0x0/YuzuBrowser ¡ GitHub

1 Like

Elink seems like a nice small costimizable browser. Not familiar with Elink devices but this browser is fast and can do most webpages well unless it’s a site that only supports chrome or edge. It’s based from lightning but it is a bit more costimizable compared to lightning.

Hey you have a awesome browser but it relay on system webviewer so in most devices we use android one which is not opensource for sure so is it good to use system webviewer based browsers. Duckduckgo foss browser are same. I could be wrong make me correct. But i want to know about it.

I really don’t understand why bromite still not available in fdroid default repo. It seems so bad about it can anyone know dev of that browser please make it available in fdroid default.

Android’s WebView is open source. It is part of the Chromium project. You can find instructions for building it yourself at WebView docs (go/webview-docs) - WebView Build Instructions. Bromite’s SystemWebView is just a modified version of this code.

Most people however will be using the proprietary Chrome variant or an outdated Chromium version.
https://divestos.org/misc/ch-dates.txt

Bromite is currently vulnerable to 113+ known vulnerabilities.

Of further note: every single Chromium version except for Bromite and Ungoogled based contain the proprietary Google Play Services libraries. Due to how the apk is packaged most “tracker checkers” like Exodus cannot detect it.

1 Like

Hence my future plans to create Privacy WebView. I do understand how daunting that project is, which is why it has to wait until Privacy Browser is making enough money for at least two people to work on it full time.

3 Likes

Then what is the difference between webview vs non webview browsers.

I learned recently that Smart Cookie Web has a beta version using GeckoView that is pretty rad:

Yes i find it yesterday and it is good.

Then what is the difference between webview vs non webview browsers.

I wrote a little about the difference at GeckoView – Stoutner.

Btw what is your thought on foss browser. Is it good i just install 2days ago fdroid one

1 Like

FOSS browser is probably my second favorite browser on Android (after my own browser, but I am a little biased on that). It has frequent updates and tends to run well. It is a little more concerned with making webpages work well, as opposed to Privacy Browser, which is willing to break websites if it is in the interest of user privacy.

1 Like

Thanks a lot i know you are awesome but i realy want to know something about android i find 2domain i have blocked them do you have any info what it does
gmscompliance-pa.googleapis.com
infinitedata-pa.googleapis.com

1 Like

I totally agree foss browser is good for stuff that you know have good reputation of respecting privacy. But your browser is also awesome.and i find mojeek as good search engine and now i use it sometimes before that i was with searx

1 Like

I don’t know anything directly about them, but just based on the names I can give you an idea.

GMS (Google Mobile Services) Compliance probably relates to the GDPR. Basically, in Europe it is illegal to collect certain information about users. So, GMS needs to know if you are in Europe so they can modify their behavior to stay within the law. In other words, they track you to see if your are in Europe so then can tell if they aren’t allowed to track you.

Infinite data usually describes web pages that load forever as you scroll down. For example, when you do a Google search on a mobile device you can scroll down forever and it will load more data instead of forcing you to load a second page.

1 Like

Foss Browser is just a good open source browser they might give you privacy related options but to me it just seem they are just trying to be a good browser generaly.

Usually a browser can be good if it has the bare minimum privacy settings which would be https, and auto clear cookies/history.

But there more focused on just being a usable browser then going all in on privacy.