F-Droid PRIVILEGE EXTENSION ZIP NOT WORKING

Hi, I downloaded latest F-Droid Privileged Extension zip. I booted to twrp custom recovery and then flashed it after booting to system I checked their was no F-DROID app or anything.

After this first time failed I tried second time. This time I manually install F-Droid app and then boot to recovery and flashed that extension ota zip but after boot to system when I check that F-Droid app nothing change. Just same as before.

When I download any app from F-droid it ask me to install that app manually. It’s not installing automatically then what’s the use of that privilege ota extension zip? That privileged extension option is not coming in F-Droid app even after installing privileged extension ota zip. I contacted F-Droid telegram community but there also no one helping me about my issue.

Please someone help me regarding this issue.

I’m using custom ROM
ROM: Evolution X (Android 10)
Device: Moto G (5S) Plus
Device Code: Sanders

1 Like

Hi @therajatshahare,

Although I have already replied to you on the Telegram Group-Chat, still here is the solution.

1. In the image above you can see you have enabled the expert mode. Now in expert mode, tick the following for the privilege extension to work without manual intervention:

“Allow repos to install/uninstall apps”
This is the main function. You can tick “keep install history” for logs.

If you still face issue, follow the guide on the telegram chat (copy pasting here):

Go to /system/etc/permissions and find the package org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.xml file and see if it has the access as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<permissions>
    <privapp-permissions package="org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged">
        <permission name="android.permission.DELETE_PACKAGES" />
        <permission name="android.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES" />
    </privapp-permissions>
</permissions>

If not, then copy paste the above from <?xml version="1.0" … til … last in a text file and save it as org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.xml

Then copy the file to /system/etc/permissions and ensure the permission level is -r-w—r—r (0644) org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.xml.zip (291 Bytes)
Since the forum here does not allow .xml files to be uploaded, I have renamed the file to .xml.zip. Kindly remove .zip from it to get the .xml file.

2 Likes

Hello sir, thank you but I’m facing some another level problem.

I flashed this privileged extension ota zip which is in give screenshot. Main problem is after even successful flashing when I boot my phone there is no app or anything. No app in system or anything.

I did this - I manually install F-Droid app and privileged extension app by extracting zip file. & Then I copy that permission .XML file to system/etc/permissions folder. After this I finally get this privileged extension option in F-Droid app; following screenshot -

But, even after reboot I’m getting error while installing apps via F-Droid app - following screenshot

So, does this is because I install F-Droid app and Extension app manually and they’re not system apps?

I don’t understand why that privileged extension ota zip not working. Why recovery says it’s successfully flashed but after reboot there is no apps and no permission XML file in system. I don’t know. I give so much time to this to get success but I think I failed.

Thank you for your time to reply and to give possible solution. I hope one day I get some solution to fix this problem.

1 Like

Let me know this:

1. Path and version for the main F-Droid APP
  2. Path and version of the privilege app
  3. Did you grant the permission to the XML file as I mentioned?
2 Likes

Above both image about path of apps. It’s in data as because I install both apps manually because that privileged extension ota zip not working. I flashed that ota zip but no apps there no apps when I boot my phone.

Above two screenshots about versions of apps.

& This permission XML file I pushed manually to system/etc/permissions folder.

1 Like

You are using older version of main app…
Also, they are not installed to /system in your system.
In android 10, root is now /system
So,earlier what was /root/system/… is now /system/system
Use F-Droid: https://f-droid.org/repo/org.fdroid.fdroid_1008050.apk
Manually place to: /system/system/app/FDroid as FDroid.apk
Use Privilege: https://f-droid.org/repo/org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged_2110.apk
Manually place to: /system/system/priv-app/FDroidPrivileged as FDroidPrivileged.apk
Then place the XML in /system/system/etc/permissions/ as org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.xml

Then give the permission as follows:
Folders = 0755
APKs & XML = 0644

Before doing this, uninstall the previously installed f-droid app and the privileged app.

2 Likes

As said in another twin thread

@MayeulC (@Roboe) , universal fix could be to download latest open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-___.zip,
remove all

• /CORE except defaultetc-common.tar.lz
  • /GAPPS
  • /OPTIONAL

simplify all files *.txt & bkup_tail.sh and central installer.sh to target a /CORE/fdroid-all.tar.lz with a new F-Droid’s /CORE/defaultetc-common.tar.lz

arm-resources pre-builts available at: https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/tree/master/scripts

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t understand all the technical subtleties, but I really like the technical forums.
Sorry for spam post )

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.