Download Location

Hi.
I am trying to find the downloaded apk’s. “/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.fdroid.fdroid/files/” is the only directory I could find and it is empty. I did create “/cache” next to and within it, however they remain empty.

Also, searches for “apk” return nothing. And, a full shutdown (for 30+ sec.) does nothing.

What did I miss?

1 Like

Do you select to delete the apk after installation?

By the way, you can download the apk files from the fossdroid website, if that helps?

Mine are in “/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.fdroid.fdroid/cache/apks/” and then in that directory are sepperate folders for each repository. And just to state the obvious but easy to overlook (like I did), you have to go into setting and choose “Keep cached apps”. They are stored there when downloaded, even if you don’t install. I hope that helps.

1 Like

I did find them under …/usr/… Which, in android, is not a top-level directory. In my haste to retrieve the apk’s, I have been unable to recreate the search to find the full path to them.

@ xander2m: Thanks for the insight. It does help, however is not what I really want.

@ YeeHaw: I created that directory as you have it stated. And, Keep cached apps has already been set to forever (I didn’t miss it).

1 Like

@ Yolanda: I don’t use Chrome and Firefox already uses the default folder “Downloads”.

Had the same problem. Downloaded apk-files on my phone lay under /data/data/org.fdroid.fdroid/cache/apks since a few weeks ago.

It’s frustrating when there is an option to keep forever and then you can’t move it off of your phone. And, Licaon_Kter wants to know why we are ‘hoarding apk’s’.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.