Donate Page links Not shown

I reported it here

But now the topic was closed. I was too late :frowning:

Some apps don’t show the updated donation link in the app. And some apps in f-droid even still show a Bitcoin link, which is not showing for most apps (but still in the json spec).

Not sure if that’s an error or if I see something wrong.

Bitcoin links will only show in the client if you have a Bitcoin wallet app installed iirc.

Example of each issue as shown by 1.15-alpha1 please

That is correct. I just tested it.

But still a shitty implementation, right? It presents the app on a way, as it wouldn’t accept Bitcoin. I would certainly consider donating Bitcoin to ask app. I would certainly not donate via fiat currency. And i also certainly wouldn’t install a Bitcoin so on my phone.

Bad luck for app developers.

no link to the donate page on screenshot

Just a general additional thought: The text and the donate button don’t fit together.

It says “buy the developers a coffee”.

For libra-pay (the only supported link there) that is not suitable, because libra-pay is a system for regular donations, or not?

And for bitcoin it is party unsuitable. Sometimes even the transfer fees are higher than the price of a coffee. Would be good if there would be a privacy coin supported that can send donations

1. instantly
  2. without extreme fees (less than 0.01 EUR)
  3. anonymously

like Monero (XMR).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.