DivestOS: long term device support with enhanced privacy and security

Would it be possible for a “Smart Charging” feature to be included in DivestOS? It appears in certain custom (and stock I think) ROMs and li-on battery health by preventing charging to 100% and trickle charge, which are detrimental to the cells’ health (so it keeps the battery in user-defined intervals, such as 75-80%). I’m asking since it’s the only thing keeping me using Magisk on Divest OS.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, now the phone is working as it should!

Hi everyone!
First of all, I want to thank you, SkewedZeppelin, for all the hard work you put in DivestOS.

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed or if I am missing something, but I can’t seem to find this info anywhere.
So, the question.
I noticed that many devices on the download page don’t have the recovery img available for download (e.g. fajita).
What should I do if I wanted to install DivestOS on one of them? Should I use a recovery in particular or any can be just fine (e.g. LineageOS recovery or TWRP)?

Thanks to all who will be so kind to help!

@MilliganTer

Please see the installation instructions: Bootloader - DivestOS Mobile

@anon25859725
Why are you trying to compile? Is there something specific you want to add? Maybe I can just add it.
There are like literally an additional 20 undocumented steps that you’ve yet to slam into.

@Atrate
There is no standardized way to do that that also has a sane implementation available.
If you find or write such patches I am happy to merge them.

@anon25859725
Support for compiling in microG was dropped:

@mhbcnja

The comment saying that you can have it with microg is still in the init.sh file

The line in init.sh says removed, it is kept because the NLP option is still supported:

export DOS_MICROG_INCLUDED="NONE"; #Determines inclusion of microG. Options: NONE, NLP, FULL (removed)

there is no mention on your website that clearly states that this is not a feature you include

microG support was never ever advertised as a feature on the website.
Had you (or anyone else) let me know earlier that your goal was compile with microG I wouldn’t of removed it.

Thanks for the answer, if I find such a patch I’ll definitely let you know.

On another note, what about a “Shutdown phone after X failed unlock attempts” setting? Akin to Wrong PIN Shutdown | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository. I think it would be a great security boost when it comes to data-at-rest encryption.

Hi
Is there any news about the Samsung Galaxy S7?
On divestos.org 1 the status is still on broken.

hey i will love to get divestos on my oneplus 9.is there any way to help you to work on it.
or if you are already working on it please can you give me and estimate date.
i will also love to help with testing if you want.

@Atrate
This has been asked a few times, and it is on my TODO list but low priority.

@SanjiTheCook
herolte is still the same

@21e323
I estimate it will be supported maybe by the year 2024 give or take a millennia.

That thread is for officially supported device. Do you support unofficial ones? If so, I would love to use it on redmi note 10 pro. sweet-lineageos · GitHub.
Also is proprietary vendor a privacy/security risk? I know oss vendor exist for long support for the device, but don’t know for eg, if they have network access.

oss vendor

No (Android) device has oss vendor trees, unless your porting to PinePhone or
similar.

Just found about this project and I really like it! Unfortunately I will need microg while primarily running postmarketos so I’m just sharing my result now.
Tested Xiaomi Poco F1 “Beryllium”
Build divested-19.1-20220426-dos-beryllium.zip
Didn’t test locking. As others reported, system boots fine but launching camera crashes the system. I’ll provide logs of the crash just in case. (.csv suffix because the site does not allow plaintext attachments, it’s just plaintext)
cameracrash.csv (1.6 MB)

I have a spare Pixel 3 “Blueline” that is not receiving security updates anymore. I saw on: Patch Levels - DivestOS Mobile

that I could possibly do 19.1 / 12.1 / S / EXPERIMENTAL and it has an end of life during 2025. Does this mean I can use my Pixel 3 with DivestOS and still get security updates until 2025?

@zq_duck
Thank you for those logs.
Strangely I don’t see any obvious camera related errors :frowning:
If you can try booting the latest boot.img from LineageOS and seeing if the camera works that’d be appreciated.

@drt24
Pixel 3 is end of life and no longer receives ANY firmware or vendor blob security updates.
This is documented at the top of that page.

Ok. Thanks.

I tried booting Lineage’s boot.img using fastboot boot lineage-19.1-20220430-nightly-beryllium-signed/boot.img and indeed the camera works there!
Took a logcat for comparison.
camera_logcat_with_lineageos_boot_img.zip (257.8 KB)

Hello Tad, i am trying to install DivestOS 19.1 on a Oneplus 7T (hotdogb) from stock android. On step 8 of the instructions i get Error 21 (Signature verification failed). Should i install the OS first (step 9) and then do step 8 (copy-partitions-device.zip)? @SkewedZeppelin

@Dark
where did you get copy partitions from?
and what recovery are you running?

I got everything from the DivestOS website for hotdogb (ROM, recovery, AVB key and A/B sync) and followed the fastboot instructions. I should be running the DivestOS recovery (Step 6) and i rebooted to recovery via “adb reboot recovery”.