DivestOS: long term device support with enhanced privacy and security

Seems like a very useful and valuable project.

Any reason why the Mull browser wouldn’t appear on the homescreen or in the app drawer after clean fresh install of recovery and OS, on a fully supported and functional device?

I then downloaded the Mull apk from the f-droid site, moved the apk to the phone, then tried to install it on the phone but it would not install. Is there any other way to check installation or launch Mull? The device has no sim or wifi for now.

The website hold the APKs, multiple ones as needed for multiple architectures.

Please install F-Droid Client and use it to install the proper version needed for your device :wink:

Mull and F-Droid are pre-installed, you must first run F-Droid and it will prompt you to update Mull.

The version of Mull included with DivestOS is the variant from the DivestOS repo, not the F-Droid compiled version. Android will not let you interchange them as they are signed differently.

2 Likes

Installed Mull from f-droid and loving it. Is it possible to import bookmarks from a html file?

@wuijbfek
that is not possible in Fenix.

Experimental Android 12.1 based builds are now available with more coming soon: News - DivestOS Mobile

Picture

I also recently discovered that AVB was set permissive, new builds are in progress and will be up shortly.
Please make a backup and ensure OEM unlocking toggle is allowed/enabled before updating.

4 Likes

The F-Droid privileged extension was removed, as it appears non-functional.

Uh-ho

Silence has been dropped in favor of the AOSP Messaging app.

:frowning:

Thanks for the reply.

While I’m testing divest there is no sim, no wifi, and fdroid will not update via reverse tethering. Maybe I’ll try and update fdroid in the future.

Hey, I just found out there is something called gsi bulid, that lets one build to be used on any device. Is that possible? I have redmi note 10 pro and there are no other private alternatives.
Thank you!

@nix

Many of the features DivestOS offers are not possible with GSI builds, such as:

• bootloader locking
  • verified boot
  • patched/hardened kernel
  • removing unncessary proprietary blobs
  • gps config hardening
  • exec spawning is incompatible with some RROs
1 Like

So to build lineage for my device, I have to download lineage 19.1 from github, device tree, vendor, kernel, and then build it, thats it? Then you can release divest for my device?
Also do I have to build after every update?
Thank you!

I just subbed on YouTube. Didn’t know there was a channel with tutorial videos. Thanks

1 Like

Google Pixel 2 (walleye)

divested-19.1-20220411-dos-walley Experimental

Pictures

Relockable: YES Tested Working
Verified Boot: YES

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to install DivestOS Oreo on the LG G6 (H870) but I get the following error when sideloading:

Warning: No file_contexts
Comparing TZ Versions:
Max TZ version: TZ.BF.4.0.1.C4-126433
Current TZ version: TZ.BF.4.0.1-00432
assert failed: msm8996.verify_max_trustzone("TZ.BF.4.0.1.C4-126433") == "1"
Updater process ended with error: 7

@Atrate
you need to downgrade your system firmware.

This is what you’re running now: Download LG_G6_H870_EU_Pie_Bootloader_v30b.zip (LG G6)

This is what you need to downgrade to:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lg-g6/files/Bootloaders/H870/LG_G6_H870_EU_Nougat_Bootloader_v11i.zip/download

Okay, downgrading the firmware helped install it, but:

1. It bootlooped at first, I needed to force-restart it using the key combo and then it booted
  2. Right after booting, first-time setup starts up correctly, but then the following messages appear:
    android.process.media has stopped, Updater has stopped, Silence has stopped
    and the updater is replaced with an unquittable white screen (can’t go into settings, can’t do anything).

@Atrate
That sounds very broken, I will mark it so.
Thank you for testing.

1 Like

Hello, I have been using DivestOS for a while on my Redmi note 7 and I have to admit is the custom OS I was looking for. Some issues to keep in mind regarding the project on my phone:
-Updates after the 19th of may make impossible to use Silence and MicroG UnifiedNlp.
-Fastboot update is impossible due to an error regarding the hardware of the device (something about the processor, fastboot update using Qualcom 660 and not 665 I think)
For the rest is al ok, congratulations!

@Remindo89

• UnifiedNlp was dropped due to privacy concerns.
  • Fastboot updates is a known issue for some devices, but not a big blocker.
  • Silence should work? What is issue? If you first booted without SIM card that is known issue, clear app data to fix.
1 Like

Another redmi note 7 user here and silence works fine, try to clear app data as said by @SkewedZeppelin

1 Like