Custom app icons for repo

Trying to get my own app icons working for the apps in my F-Droid repository. Followed the structure as suggested here, but to no avail. Running fdroid update doesn’t seem to do create the new icons:

After running fdroid update then you should see the icon (and featureGraphic if any) duplicated in the same directory with a name containing a “hash” – by which you can tell that fdroidserver picked them up

Here is my current structure:
./com.zhiliaoapp.musically/en-US/icon.png
./tv.twitch.android.app/en-US/icon.png
./com.instagram.android/en-US/icon.png
./app.rvx.android.youtube/en-US/icon.png
./app.rvx.android.apps.youtube.music/en-US/icon.png
./com.twitter.android/en-US/icon.png
./com.reddit.frontpage/en-US/icon.png

Couldn’t find anything about app icons in general on the wiki besides the one loose sentence here: " Running fdroid update adds an icons directory into the repo directory…".

Appreciate any help :smiley:

Which folder is that metadata/ ?

That’d be ./repo/icons. Same folder as where I found the auto-generated icon files. ./metadata just contains the YAML file for each app. (could I maybe set the icon path in there?)

Shouldn’t you be storing all of that in /repo/package_id/locale/icon.png

Thanks, hadn’t seen that yet. Simply moving all <package_id> folders up to /repo seems to work, just like you suggested. Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.