About F-Droid builds scheduler

I wonder how often the builds are scheduled and how does it work in context of auto-updating app config.

I discovered some info in the wiki https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Main_Page but I cannot see how often checkupdates is run and when it is followed by a build if an app update is detected. How do you verify wether the update detection still works?

Its on a cycle that runs basically always. Its currently sequential, so checkupdates, then build, then update, then deploy. @uniqx has done some work to make the builds happen in parallel, and @relan has been looking into parallelizing checkupdates

That’s what I thought but I can see in checkupdates log that it scanned ReLaunchX but nothing else happened - last update was made for ReLaunchX_2.0.0 tag. Build Metadata did not change since a month Files · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

Ok, I see that there is some missing image file on the build server. Perhaps that is why checkpatch does nothing. I have discovered that when I created pull request manually:

Lint test: 

Running with gitlab-runner 10.5.0 (80b03db9)
on docker-auto-scale 4e4528ca
Using Docker executor with image registry.gitlab.com/fdroid/ci-images:server-latest
Pulling docker image registry.gitlab.com/fdroid/ci-images:server-latest
ERROR: Preparation failed: Error: No such image: registry.gitlab.com/fdroid/ci-images:server-latest
Will be retried in 3s …
Using Docker executor with image registry.gitlab.com/fdroid/ci-images:server-latest
ERROR: Preparation failed: Error: No such image: registry.gitlab.com/fdroid/ci-images:server-latest
Will be retried in 3s …
Will be retried in 3s …
ERROR: Job failed (system failure): Error: No such image: registry.gitlab.com/fdroid/ci-images:server-latest

gitlab-ci is just used for testing, the real release build happen on fdroid internal infrastructure

I noticed also that my apps TransektCount and TourCount have not been updated since october last year.

I would be very grateful if they could be updated until next saturday as I will introduce them on a seminar for transect counters then.

Thank you for you support so far.
wistein

I noticed also that my apps TransektCount and TourCount have not been updated since october last year.

They fail to build because Google Maven repo is missing in top-level build.gradle:

Thank you for the info, I could not notice that, as they compile without complaining on my PC.
I will fix that and put a new Tag on it in GitHub for a new trial.

Best regards,
wistein

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.