Wrong package ID reported, but the package id didn't change

I’m using the latest version of the fdroidserver build toolchain on my machine, and it reports the following error :

INFO: Successfully built version 2.3 of fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer
DEBUG: > /opt/android/sdk/build-tools/28.0.2/aapt dump xmltree build/fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer/app/build/outputs/apk/release/app-release-unsigned.apk AndroidManifest.xml
DEBUG: Checking build/fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer/app/build/outputs/apk/release/app-release-unsigned.apk
DEBUG: > /opt/android/sdk/build-tools/28.0.2/aapt version
DEBUG: > /opt/android/sdk/build-tools/28.0.2/aapt dump badging build/fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer/app/build/outputs/apk/release/app-release-unsigned.apk
ERROR: Could not build app fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer: Wrong package ID - build 9 but expected fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer

When looking at the output of the aapt dump badging […]/app-release-unsigned.apk command, I can see the following line :

package: name='fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer' versionCode='15' versionName='2.3' compileSdkVersion='28' compileSdkVersionCodename='9'
sdkVersion:'19'
targetSdkVersion:'28'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE'

So it seems my package name is indeed what it’s supposed to be. Could it be the linting tool read the compileSdkVersionCodename field incorrectly and then assumes it’s the package name ? Looking at the APK_ID_TRIPLET_REGEX, it seems it shouldn’t, but I can’t figure out where the reported 9 comes from…

This should be fixed in the latest master of fdroid server tools.

Oh great thanks !
Out of curiosity, what was the issue ?

can’t find the issue right now, sorry

The issue was discussed here: Improve how aapt output is parsed in one place (!548) · Merge requests · F-Droid / fdroidserver · GitLab

1 Like

I faced the same issue today using fdroidserver from pypi , had to use the latest from git, could it be the case ?
(the wiki uses “latest version” for the pypi installation, so trying to get the context)

why:
The fix (merge request 548) was commited in 019ec6d4 on September 25th, although the pypi distribution fdroidserver · PyPI, even is showing September 26th, does not seem to contain it (did a diff)

what:
In case of confirmation a pypi version bump could benefit, as it is blocking.

I have faced still issues on ‘fdroid update’ with new aapt ouptut (new build-tools 28.0.3).

Created merge request !591

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.