Why neo launcher not on fdroid repo?

We can find many apps like neo backup of the dev, but why neo launcher not included?

1 Like
1 Like

It’s on Izzy’s repo

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

I prefer Fdroid repo apps more though

1 Like

The izzy repo has an advantage in that the signatures are the same as the GitHub ones so you don’t have to reinstall when updating from the other. But I don’t think it’s as reliable, I had an app I was using seemingly removed from there before. Obtanium or RSS feeds works well for GitHub repos

1 Like

This is possible in the main F-Droid repo with reproducible builds and is being done for more and more new apps.

As written on https://apt.izzysoft.de/fdroid/index/info:

Another reason for an app getting removed from my repo is if it was added to the „official F-Droid repository“. Removal then mainly is to avoid confusion at the users’ end, due to signature mismatch on updates (if they installed an app from the official repo, signed with F-Droid’s key, and an update rolls in earlier via my repo – which is usually the case – there’d be a warning displayed if they’d try to apply that update). In some cases an app still stays with my repo; usually it then uses reproducible builds so there’d be no signature mismatch.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.