Why does Wikipedia have the NoSourceSince antifeature?

The Wikipedia app has two antifeatures attached — Tracking (discussed in January of this year) and NoSourceSince. But, regarding the latter, the source code is hosted here, and is linked to from both the app description and the “Source Code” link.

Is this antifeature listing intentional, and if so, why?

@redplanet @uniqx Is the new icons thing at fault?

We don’t have that entry in metadata: metadata/org.wikipedia.yml · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

NoSourceSince was added briefly because of the thought nonfree crash-reporting library but then removed again after 2 weeks or so.

@igregory can you try refrshing you index?

…it’s on the website…

Yes, the website still lists it for some reason:

Also I refreshed the index in the F-Droid client and still see the antifeature…

Thanks for clarifying the what-and-why of it. I imagine this isn’t really a good place for feature requests, but I’ll say it anyway: It would be nice if each antifeature had a short blurb briefly explaining the situation. For example, how does it track me / what data does it collect? What specific nonfree network services does it promote? When did the source code disappear, and do we know why? etc.

You can have that, too many reasons per app, so one solution is to include it in Description, but…since we’d like the description.summary/pics/changelog hosted upstream then it’s harder to ask them to include the reasons.

It’s also in the index… :frowning:

I have a vague idea where this might be going wrong, I’ve created an issue to track this: NoSOurceSince antifeature gets applied to app even though it's not in the metadata anymore (#808) · Issues · F-Droid / fdroidserver · GitLab

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.