Why does S. Notes not get updates on F-Droid?

S. Notes is probably the best free encrypted notes app and has received a lot of updates last year in Play Store. But not on F-Droid. I would like to request that someone makes the updates appear on F-Droid again so we might get the newest version of this amazing app without “Play Store”. The newest version is 3.5.12

1 Like

Because React Native is a pain in the ass. Your help is welcome.

See the issue in their github repo…

I don’t even have no idea what “React” is. But I guess it’s a programming-language, like C++ a for example. I’m sorry to tell that I have no skill/knowledge at all when it comes to programming. In other words I’m kind of an-alphabetic when it comes to programming-language.

The only help I can give is to report problems, to bring those subjects to the table and also to try to find someone, with skills, that can solve a problem, through connecting with people in forums and mails.

So I hope that someone with knowledge about that programming-language will discover this post and help us getting “S.Notes” updated, like all F-Droid apps should be. But especially the best ones and I think “S.Notes” deserves to be called the best in the section for note-apps.

I’m sorry to tell that I have no skill/knowledge at all when it comes to programming. In other words I’m kind of an-alphabetic when it comes to programming-language.

The only help I can give is to report problems, to bring those subjects to the table

Programming is not a rocket science. All you need to start programming is a PC, a few hours per week and willingness to learn.

But if “F-Droid” apps are programmed in a lot of different languages how should I understand the rest if I manage to learn one language after some months.
Aww man! I probably need spending years in a room to learn them all. I don’t think I feel so tempted to do that.

Maybe the new invention “issuebot” could be help enough, for someone understanding it, to make a stable “F-Droid” apk-build of the newest version of “S. Notes”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.