Which forum engine is the F-Droid forum using

I am a bit stumped in my attempts to find info on it, so I’m hoping you guys can help me.

In connection with a pull request I’ve submitted to TwoFactorAuth, in which I am hoping to get the F-Droid forum added to their list of sites that support 2FA, I’ve had a hard time finding any knowledge bases for the forum, or a help section (excl. the FAQ), or anything similar. I haven’t even been able to find any copyright dates or creditations or anything, which could’ve given me a company or organisation name for an externally created forum template to go by.

The only thing that I currently know for sure, is that Bitwarden’s community forum (Bitwarden being a password manager) uses the same layout, the same settings and FAQ pages, and also supports 2FA, which means that both forums are sharing one forum engine, as opposed to the forum being customly built for F-Droid from the ground up.

Figuring this out, could’ve helped me find a knowledge base for the forum engine, which’d potentially have an article about 2FA in it, which in turn would speed up the pull request’s acceptance time. It could potentially even help me find other forums that uses the same forum engine and which therefore very likely also have 2FA.

This is Discourse

See: Two Factor local login proposal - feature - Discourse Meta

Ah, thanks. That was pretty much the exact pieces of info I needed, at least for now. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.