When you love freedom you give freedom

It is to promote itself in this way in order to sell at exorbitant prices while pretending not to be doing data mining, when they do.
Hell, they even want to backdoor encryption. Probably already do.

The difference is that at least on Android you can modify that and, among other things, remove the Google Play Services trojan.

4 Likes

Most people just donā€™t care, and so data collection gets away with itā€¦
For example, I told at least 5 people close around me about newpipe. Do you know how many bothered to install it? 0. After I installed it for some of them, only my wife kept it(it was too complicated to use for the other two). My wife uses it mostly when showing me videos on her phone, because she knows that iā€™m annoyed by ads :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@Morgoth I didnā€™t mean to imply Apple was better than Google.

I think it was last year or so when it was discovered troves of user data was being sent from MacBooks to Apple servers and wasnā€™t even encrypted. Whoā€™s to say exactly what Apple does with that data. They say they use it internally to market their own products and improve their software, but with developers being given the opportunity to bypass Appleā€™s payment methods on the app store now theyā€™re going to need new ways to bring in money. We might see them turn more to that treasure trove of user data.

Regardless of whether they are now or will in the future sell that data, itā€™s certainly not safe from government warrants.

@Damjan I agree, not enough people care strongly enough about their data privacy to make a difference. The potential for misuse is enormous and costly, but most people are so overcome with debt, work, marital issues, childcare issues and healthcare issues and depression they simply donā€™t have the time, resources or will power to add another concern to their plate.

ā€œThere will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revoltionā€ -Aldous Huxley

2 Likes

ā€œIf we understand the mechanism and motives of groupthink, it will be possible to control and direct the masses, without their knowledge, to our will.ā€

Edward Bernays

Here are additional information about mind control and manipulation of the masses:

1. ā€œBattle For The Mindā€ written by William Sargant

2. ā€œThe Rape of the Mindā€ written by Joost A. M. Meerloo

But :shushing_face: donā€™t talk loudly about and close quickly this threadā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

Letā€™s chill for a bitā€¦

2 Likes