Whats wrong with my singning key?

Hello Community

I have created an fdroid repo on my fedora server. When I type “fdroid update” there are following critical errors:

CRITICAL: 'keystorepass' not found in config.yml!
    CRITICAL: This command requires a signing key, you can create one using: fdroid update --create-key

I have a keystore.p12 file inside the fdroid folder and created the key using this command:
keytool -genkeypair -alias fdroid -keyalg RSA -keystore keystore.p12

Following the config.yml file:

# Copy this file to config.yml, then amend the settings below according to
# your system configuration.
repo_url: https://my_website.com/fdroid/repo
repo_name: My-App F-Droid repository
repo_description: MyApp Fdroid app repository
keypass: keYFromSigningKey
repo_keyalias: fdroid

Now my question is: What am I missing here? I already have a keystore file and provided the password for it inside the config file. But, I did only create one password and not 2 (keypass and keystorepass?) Did I use the wrong command for creating the key?

After 90 days, the key expires as it says. How can I update/create a new key without breaking the repository? Thank you all for your help.

fdroid update --create-metadata --delete-unknown --pretty --verbose --create-key <---- notice last parameter ? :slight_smile:

Yes, but I already crated one and signed the app with. Do I need to create a new one with fdroid update --create-key?

Sorry, I am very new to fdroid and don’t wanna mess it up now, before the first app release.
Don’t I need to give it a password when creating it with this command?

@Izzy thoughts?

@Licaon_Kter
Could you please make me a list with commands to create a key, corrrectly sign the app with it and publish/updating my repo?

I think, this is the easiest way to do it.
Please, I would love to have an fdroid repo now. Thank you.

I already did…

Also: Setup an F-Droid App Repo | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Also see: Setting up a simple binary F-Droid repo (based on how I set up mine). Also make sure to run the fdroid commands from inside your repo root.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.