Hey, I’m looking for different encrypting app to compartmentalize my different use cases (personal, work, school etc). So I’m looking for different app for each use case.
I’m currently using DroidFS for personal atuff. But cryptomator isn’t an option for me cuz it requirements. And I tried searching on fdroid on my own, but not all results show up. For example if search “encryption” FSDroid doesn’t show up for instance. That’s why I’m asking the forum to help out pointing to other good encrypting software in terms of privacy and security.
Also I have heard about openkeychain, can it encrypt files, image, videos?
DroidFS is probably the best, and it is standard gocryptfs/cryfs so you can easily access your files from a computer too.
I wouldn’t recommend OpenKeychain for this usecase.
Cryptomator is a bit more polished, but isn’t free.
Thanks for the reply. I’m using DroidFS for personal use case. I’m looking for other options.
I was scrolling through fdroid, and found tella
Is this app any good?
Looks okay, but has too many permissions. Unless you find it useful, steer clear of so many permissions, especially internet based.
Maybe try: Secret Space Encryptor (SSE) | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
You should also look at Secret Space Encryption by Paranoia works. Android, IOS, Windows, Mac, Linux and even online, web-based.