What types of apps are you missing from the FOSS ecosystem?

With several YT channels migrating to Odysee video, due to restrictions in content imposed by YT, it would be great if NewPipe could deal with de Odysse videos too, or if there was a different app to do this.
Odysse video is a great idea, but their player still suxx… and it’s impossible to stream videos on slow connections, once there is no option to lower the video resolution.
The option to download videos, like you do on NewPipe would solve this issue.

1 Like

Maybe you could try out this : LBRY F-Droid | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
I don’t use Odysee, so my advice may not be correct.

I am working on this! Well, not exactly this, it’s a more general personal information manager and probably won’t integrate with the system calendar any time soon.

But it does use a SyncThing style sync algorithm(I might even add file sync to avoid needing multiple apps, and because SyncThing isn’t the best for public sharing), and I eventually want to add the ability to male any note or post into a calendar reminder(Or a map marker, among other things).

I’m just not entirely sure how UI should work.

Importing/adding contacts into a stream would be easy enough, I could just define a “contact” record type, the sync engine will happily sync anything you can store in JSON.

Come to think of it, contacts would actually be a really cool thing to integrate into a wiki/journal type app, because you could use it to write a sharable news feed with contact info for all the important people.

As for things I’m personally missing, most “hard/deterministic” things(As opposed to “soft/machine learning based” are solved), but I would really like to see a good walkie talkie app that works cross platform, uses well documented protocols, supports hot mic detection, preferably combines P2P and server, also does text chat for sharing a quick link, etc.

FRS radios suck. Ham is cool but can’t be used commercially and is not always worth the trouble( Speaking as a licensed ham!) if your family isn’t also interested. Plus, they suck in their own way, more stuff to carry.

A good multitrack recorder would also be nice.

1 Like

yes,i agree,It would be better if it was in NewPipe itself

Is there a launcher specially for android car head units?

NCalc+

It is not avaliable in F-Droid right now. It is an awesome programmable scientific calculator, literally the the best f*ing calculator ever, it’s a shame that right now is only avaliable as an apk in github or playstore.

4 Likes

Add your :+1: to https://github.com/tranleduy2000/ncalc/issues/61

2 Likes

Collabora is incompatiable in all my device:(

I miss an app that allows me to fine control the media volume.
I have a BT speaker that, while listening music, it is always too loud or to low… I’m using " Precise Volume (+ EQ/Booster)" from Gstore, but couldn’t find a similar app (or even something simpler) on Fdroid…

Volume Control (Simple volume control application without unnecessary features) - https://f-droid.org/packages/com.punksta.apps.volumecontrol ?

Thanks @Licaon_Kter, but it didn’t solve my problem…
This app still uses the 15 steps volume, just like android do.
What I need is an app that allows me to set the volume more precisely, in steps from 0% to 100%, for example…

A Kiosk app to either lock 1 app or 1 webpage from the browser. something like Fully Kiosk (in playstore)

here are some ideas ideas/README.md at main - ideas - Codeberg.org

Maybe those need some updates. Re Watermarks: “In F-Droid there is only one watermark app and that is only in Chinese. So one in German or in English, which can preferably be translated to weblate.” Odd, what about Easy Watermark and PreviewMaker?

https://search.f-droid.org/?q=watermark&lang=en

The only one I checked.

Anonymity focused apps.

2 Likes

looking for the same… I’d like to hide banking apps for security reasons. Any ideas?

why there is no app to use with domoticz?

@Evil https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz-android/issues/549