What is the difference between F-Droid and Droid-ify

Hello, i have only recently discovered F-Droid. Can you explain what is the difference between F-Droid and Droid-ify? I saw a video on You Tube that said you receive updates quicker on Droid-ify, if so is it safe to do so?

Thank you

1 Like

Droid-ify is simply another client for f-droid, the speed in updates does not depend on the client but on when they are made available by the f-droid infrastructure. So you can try droid-ify and if you like it better than the official client you can use it without too much worry, but the updates will not get to you faster.

1 Like

Thank you for replying back so quickly. I am glad you said that because I prefer the official Droid-ify client.

Neo Store | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository fork Droid-ify. Try it to for compare :wink:

1 Like

Whose backend better, for more securely conections to repositories ?
Or implemented equally reliably ?

F-Droid doesn’t have backends, it has repositories. droidify doesn’t have a repo. By default it displays f-droid.org and izzy

Sorry, rephrase :
Who is better, for more securely conections to repositories ?
Or implemented equally reliably ?

I will answer myself:
Difficult to say, as there was no independent audit.
I have both installed on “my” (Google-OnePlus-ISP-…) phone.

F-Droid was audited several times: Security Model | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository and will probably be audited again.

I don’t know whether any third party clients were audited.

1 Like

NeoStore and Drodify might feel faster on index update since they skip locales, fyi

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.