What is the best file manager

Ar yra failu tvarkykle kuri suranda nenaudojamus failus dublikatus

Try them all, report back pls :slight_smile:

1 Like

X-Plore. Though it is a proprietary one, but best till date, tbvh.

3 Likes

X-Plore for sure. I use it for years and have tryed lots of filemanagers from time to time, but nothing got close… and there are also a lot of handy functions included, Windows Explorer hasn’t thought about yet. Use your own vaulty synchronise with your NAS or turn your old smartphone into a fileserver you can access very easy by browser over your wifi. took me almost 2 years to discover all the functions. So you should not just overfly the online manuel, as I did. You can use most of X-Plore for free and full version was something around 3€.
Don’t get upset within the first one or two days until youbget used to it ane its concepts, after that short learing time everything makes very much sense and is astonishing easy with very few clicks.

2 Likes

Let’s keep it in spirit here… don’t advertise non-FOSS apps.

3 Likes

I’ve been using Amaze for years. There may be better ones out there since then but Amaze works for me.

1 Like

MiXplorer would’ve been my first choice but not being FOSS (AFAIK) then Ghost Commander is worthy of consideration.

2 Likes

Those I have tried:
[1] Simple File Manager is clear but is unable to handle the SD card.
[2] Astro is clear and easy to use.
[3] Amaze is clear but keeps reverting to internal storage.
[4] Ghost Commander has minute text. I also found it impossible to show different storage locations in the two panes.
Astro is the best I have seen so far.

1 Like

Amaze allows two ‘windows’ (for want of a better term) that one can switch between by sliding left or right. I set the internal storage to the left side and the micro SDCard to the right side. It makes copying and pasting very simple, but each to their own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aha. I had not found that sliding window function. That raises Amaze in my estimation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.