Welcome a new Fennec F-Droid

Pressing the “New issue” button provides you with issue templates, for example “Feature request” which you simply fill in with the details. The issue tracker has a search bar where you type in keywords to find out if the issue is already on the issue tracker. It is also a good idea to read this before filing an issue.

Latest update from fennec fdroid, glitches unable to borwse

Device k20 pro
Os 10 PA extended microg build

1 Like

Not seeing this on the same device but with Omnirom.

Is it Fennec 81.1.5?

What extensions do you have?

Anything relevant in logcat?

Upgraded to the new Fennec via F-Droid and even though it allows you to go through the process to add ‘Search Engines,’ and it accepts them successfully, the new search engine selections don’t actually appear as options. I think there is a bug there.

Example; tried to add ‘Startpage’ search engine entering their search string, but it will not appear as an option.

Also, why can’t we change the ‘homepage’ to something else?

3 Likes

@Licaon_Kter

but with Omnirom

Heads-up, OmniROM is “open-source”.
There are a number of included repositories that are only available upon request.

I personally find that quite questionable with or without my bias.

Search engine is known issue, scroll up please @Kandelai

You can touch logo in About screen to access Secret settings, then use visited pages as start.

All these complains should be on the Mozilla repo since it’s their app (use search first before reporting, add :+1: for issues already there)

@skewedzeppelin I’ve used Style, because that’s a given. But all the others not really, thanks for the heads up. I saw they had a build and got tired of disabling 145 chinese services in stock/eu-stock ROM.

I read somewhere, but wanna confirm. Are all addons availible in some nightly?If Yes then how do I use that version?

If no then does anyone know like some kind of a timeframe as to when we might see them in the f-droid build?

I really want some more extensions like cookie auto delete… And umatrix…

Whats the link to the github for this project ?

1 Like

All addons are available in Firefox Nightly. You can download and update it with FFUpdater | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository . Or take a look at Iceraven.

Issues · mozilla-mobile/fenix · GitHub is for Firefox for Android (Fenix). Most of the things you mentioned are likely already known, so please search for them before filing a new issue.

Issues · relan / fennecbuild · GitLab may be the one for Fennec F-Droid.

Nice update @relan, search is fixed :wink:

It was an easy upgrade for me too.

Ive used fennec for a while and the performance improvement 68 → 81 or 82 seems very noticeable! Love it, GJ!!

There seem to be a few things still to do with the 81/82 releases:

• Homepage settings appear to be missing
  • Support for some addons is missing - do they now have to be individually approved?
  • F-droid downgrade to fennec 68 fails.
  • about:config isnt available

-are these likely to be addressed in coming updates? :smiley:

1 Like

Anybody else noticed that the latest version (82.1.1) has problems with touch response? I touch something (link, menu, button, …) and nothing happens. I have to touch 5,6,7,… times for Fennec to get some reaction.

I tried also a clean install, still the same! Firefox on the other hand works without problems.

There are some, “latest sites” and whatnot, but not like in the past. Also touch the logo in About for 7 times and use the Secret menu.

Yes, for now, in 83 or 84 or 85 (soon?) we’ll get more and more addons approved. scroll above and read about nightly

As Google wants it, “security feature” for Android, not something F-Droid can change.

It is in the F-Droid build… but not on the Play store. Did you make a typo?

See above the link for the Mozilla issues tracker, search there, :+1: the ones you want, created for the ones missing.

No issue here. Which device/Android?

1 Like

about:config is available, you have to do it in the main page.
You can’t downgrade in Android, isn’t a F-Droid thing.

1 Like

@Licaon_Kter

Thanks for the replies. And yes, about:config worked when I tried it again.

@Morgoth thanks too. Though f-droid does have a downgrade feature.

:slight_smile:

I’m using Oneplus 7T with the latest OOS 10.0.12, also Magisk, Arter97 kernel and EdExposed.

The thing is that this problem with touch response does not occur with Firefox 81.1.5 (installed from GPlay) and also Tor Browser 9.5.4. I also downgraded to Fennec F-Droid 81.1.5 and the problem is gone and touch works as expected. But then with that version of course the search problem is there again. I will try this on my other devices as well.

P.S. How do I quote others in my reply? I can’t find the proper way to do it!

select text press quote

Thanks for this! :smiley:

Well now I’m getting desperate! :confused:
I tried on my other two devices (Samsung Tab A and Oneplus 3) and on both touch works as expected. So it seems this only occurs on my OP7T and I don’t now what else I could try to get it working. Maybe someday I’ll do the factory reset but for the moment I’ll just switch to Firefox and cross my fingers that perhaps some next version will solve this.

As a side note I also found out that with this particular version of Fennec I can not download any file at all. It just shows the downloading notification and never finishes. Again Firefox works fine!