Welcome a new Fennec F-Droid

Oh also, the swipe to switch tabs feature doesn’t work when I hide the navigation bar on my phone.
A feature request: in a lot of apps, if you tap and hold on the three dot menu, the menu opens and you can swipe up to the option you want without raising your finger. Can that be added to fenix?

One laat thing, in the new fenix I don’t see these page options the old fennec had:

1 Like

Neither waiting neither use nightly is a solution

More missing features found, I can no longer open pages in the background the way I could with Fennec, I also can’t seem to add search engines. Where do I go to tell them about these issues?

1 Like

Search engine issue is known, scroll up here.

View-source doesn’t exist
add ons don’t exist
print on pdf doesn’t exist
its not fennec anymore, it’s fenix
but the people will think that this is fennec
So please change the app name to fenix fdroid

It’s doesn’t have the same functionality as fennec
Now it has the functionality as fenix

Fortunately I didn’t update it

I don’t really agree with the idea of changing the name to Fenix F-Droid or something similar. Majority of users are not aware Mozilla’s codenames and changing the name now would just be confusing. The app description still makes it clear that the app is based on the supported release.

Fennec F-Droid is based on the latest Firefox release (codenamed Fenix).

More advanced users that rely on features not available on the new release can still get the old version from the archive repo.

Please explain how I can downgrade if you know how! If I downgrade from f droid will my settings and everything be preserved?

Where is the archive repo?

@Shadowspear123
You cannot downgrade apps on Android. You must first uninstall it and then install the older version.

@dasipe
Settings > Repositories > F-Droid Archive > Slider:on

@ Everyone else:
Fenix is not Fennec.
Please stop complaining about it here.
No one here has the time or resources needed to continue development of Fennec.
Nor should you continue to use Fennec because it is absolutely not secure.
There are likely already hundreds of vulnerabilities in the last release of Fennec.

3 Likes

Where can I submit bugs/issues/feature requests?

I was using fennec for years and I never had a security issue

It was safe until now because it was maintained. The problem is from now on because it’s unmaintained software and any exploit or whatever that may (and will) happen in the future will remain unpatched in Firefox 68 (last Fennec).

Please use the upstream repo issues to complain about missing feature, use search there first.

And how can I use that?

Pressing the “New issue” button provides you with issue templates, for example “Feature request” which you simply fill in with the details. The issue tracker has a search bar where you type in keywords to find out if the issue is already on the issue tracker. It is also a good idea to read this before filing an issue.

Latest update from fennec fdroid, glitches unable to borwse

Device k20 pro
Os 10 PA extended microg build

1 Like

Not seeing this on the same device but with Omnirom.