Website landing page revamp

Here’s the Merge Request for the Dropdown Menu.

Staged here.

It adds functionality for all users but is especially useful for small device users. They’ll get faster access to a bunch of pages and search functionality. The design was accepted by the community during the design stage (above), but happy to take further suggestions and improvements as always.

Howdy folks,

Here’s some changes to improves margins and positioning on the site.

These are uploaded as GIFs but I don’t know if they’ll remain as GIFs, if not I’ll upload separate images.

Landing page:

06web-marginsAndPositioning01

Apps (english):

06web-marginsAndPositioning02

Apps (left-to-right):

06web-marginsAndPositioning03

App page:

06web-marginsAndPositioning04

These changes are staged here so please test them out.

The Merge Request is here.

2 Likes

The following is the merge request for the dropdown menu, designed for the new landing page but also adds functionality to the existing site.

07web-dropdownMenu-wide

Test out how it works for you here.

Merge Request here.

EDIT: There’s more Merge Requests and sites being staged but the above are two of the larger changes, for now. I’m trying to split up my previous efforts into smaller bite size portions that are more digestable.

EDIT: To see the font and typography changes (in addition to the margins and positioning changes) they can be tested here.

1 Like

I have basically set a deadline of the end of COVID lockdown to get the website landing page done.

I thought that 20 days should be sufficient but based on the slow rate merge request adoption I’m eight days in and cannot seem to get anywhere. If I can’t do this by the end of lockdown it’ll probably not get done. As I’ll be forced back into the gulag.

Cheers

1 Like

should we ping some ppl to get this done ?

@webDev you’ve done a lot of nice design work, we just need you to submit it as each chunk is finalized. If you want to do it as a single piece, then you have to be willing to remove things that we don’t want to accept. In any case, let’s work through this one merge request at a time.

2 Likes

It’s really progress.