Usage of urls after disble most google apps

I was recently switched over to the fdroid replacement apps and disable the default google apps in most cases.
And i have been seeing that my device still makes lots of ping to google and some google like urls so i have blocked most of them but don’t know what is what and what is the usage for those i am open for comments and information that you guys know about.

scone-pa.clients6.google.com
example.org
cryptauthdevicesync.googleapis.com
translate.googleapis.com
yimg.com
clients4.google.com
ocsp.pki.goog
www3.l.google.com
aa.google.com
ogs.google.com
cloudsearch.googleapis.com
speechs3proto2-pa.googleapis.com

clients1.google.com
xtrapath3.izatcloud.net
xtrapath2.izatcloud.net
xtrapath1.izatcloud.net
time.izatcloud.net
instantmessaging-pa.googleapis.com
nearbysharing-pa.googleapis.com
suggestqueries.google.com
baf97eae-dnsotls-ds.metric.gstatic.com(same type of lots of domains)
businesscalls.googleapis.com
dialercallinfolookup-pa.googleapis.com
chromesyncpasswords-pa.googleapis.com
digitalassetlinks.googleapis.com
growth-pa.googleapis.com
discover-pa.googleapis.com
peoplestack-pa.googleapis.com
discover-pa.googleapis.com
gmscompliance-pa.googleapis.com
footprints-pa.googleapis.com
voledevice-pa.googleapis.com
config.qms.quicinc.com
gnpfesdk-pa.googleapis.com

I assume you have the Android that comes pre-installed by the vendor.
So you have Google Play Services (spyware and “maybe a trojan”) in your phone.
This would explain almost all of these connections, although it could also be some apps running in the background.

This is from Qualcomm, I’m not sure if it’s telemetry or what.

From Qualcomm too, I think this is GPS stuff.

1 Like

That is scary but i don’t use lots of apps just recently i have reset my device and i have another one also which is also same ping urls i have observed.

I also think it is and find it on internet about it but i have blocked it but my gps still works and no issues there.

XTRA is a read-only (as in it sends no data) connection used for GPS almanac data to speedup GPS lock.
Blocking it is silly.

Get Netguard, block all, allow only apps you trust.

Use adb uninstall --user 0 (use a search engine; carefully!) to disable what apps you can’t disable via Settings.

No need i have blocked with dns
I use searX and duckduckgo and mojeek
Can you tell me what are the usage of this urls

Ask Google :slight_smile:

I already have asked they said they are not authorized to provide me those details but they said me not to block those because it will cause device issue and loss of security. I don’t know how. Then she ask me if she can help me with anything else​:thinking::neutral_face::expressionless:

Yes, security resides in URL connections, how did we live before such URL existed I just don’t know… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have blocked all of those but the issue is nothing is breaking everything working just fine as intend. But btw i notice my screen usagetime increased on same amount of charge i don’t know why. Now i am getting more battery life that is nice. But i am curious so i want to know which one do what.

1 Like

If you ever use a browser to view “popular” sites, you will also see lots of tracker sites traffic, if not blocked.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.