Update f-droid privileged app

hello,
i had installed standard f-droid on my (unofficial) lineage 7.1.2.
i tried to install it with privileged app, so:
-uninstalled f-droid
-flashed this with TWRP: F-Droid Privileged Extension OTA | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
-rebooted
-found f-droid installed as system app with also this app installed as priv-app: F-Droid Privileged Extension | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
so everything seems fine.
question is:
f-droid want to update with the last version.
if i update as f-droid app suggest, will it remains as system app?
i’m asking because with playstore happened that updated system app became user-app.
sorry for the dumb question.
thanks.

As any system app, it can update just fine, but it won’t update the /system/ .APK directly.

Do try and see it for yourself. :wink:

Thanks for your reply.
I think if I update f-droid (1.3.1 installed) It will be moved from /system to /data, so that It will not be a system app anymore, right?
Is there a way to update f-droid and leave It as system app?

No, it won’t be moved…please update and see for yourself

i updated, now I have F-droid.apk in /system/app/F-droid/ and a base.apk in /data/app/org.fdroid.fdroid-1/
is it correct? is still system app?
thanks again, i’m a newbie in this…

Yes, that’s the way system apps updates work, base in /system…updates in /app

:wink:

Hi,
I would like ti update the privileged extension app (F-Droid Privileged Extension OTA | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository)
Since i flashed the first time, do i need to also flash the update or can i update with f-droid like a normal app?
Thanks in advance

Just update as usual, F-Droid the app will update just fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.