Update button for F Droid

Add a check for updates button like on the Play Store for F Droid

2 Likes

You can pull down to refresh from the main screen.

2 Likes

Why not enable autocheck updates things in Settings?

Even in 2023 there are a lot of people who don’t know or can’t remember the pull down gesture. And there are still a lot of people who don’t have 24/7 internet access.
What could be the downsides of having an update button e.g. in the update tab? I don’t get it.

1 Like

I use F-droid on my android tv, a button would be easier to use than trying to pull down the main screen with a mouse.

One could also use a third party client that includes such a button, like F-Droid Classic or something.

You can toggle the repo OFF and then ON in Settings - Manage repos too iirc

There are still users like me that dont like any other GUI than typing “update” in CLI :relieved:

I believe it would be an idea… in the updates or latest tab don’t blindly show all your apps are up to date but instead show a banner on top “last update xxx days ago (if it was indeed more than a day), do you want to check for available updates now?”

Sometimes you think you have automatic updates enabled but it can fail for so many reasons… intermittent network etc …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.