Uninstall Issue

Hello,

I recently downloaded VPN Hotspot 2.11.7 from F-Droid. After deciding I didn’t need it, I tried to uninstall the app without success. I tried to downgrade the app with hopes of being able to uninstall it, also without success. I am having the same exact issue with App Manager 2.6.1 which I also installed from F-droid. My phone is not rooted, and I do not plan on rooting to uninstall an app. Please help me resolve this issue.

what mesaage do you see?

which device?

which android version?

can you connect to a PC via an USB cable and with ADB extract some logs?

1 Like

Hello,

I have an AT&T Maestro Plus running Android 10. I’m new to most of this technology stuff, and don’t know anything about ADB yet. I get “package installer keeps stopping” error message.

1 Like

Any chance that you have an anti malware service like MalwareBytes running in background? That can sometimes bug out the package installer. Also, try uninstalling in your phone’s safe mode.

Hey,

I don’t have any malware services installed on my phone. How do I uninstall in safe mode?

1 Like

Here you go.

1 Like

compadre,
what you say is a android issue. you must be able to uninstall any ap that you have not given special rights, from android settings, go to android settings and remove the rights you have given … all. including system admin rights

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. Safe mode didn’t work, so I had to factory reset my device. Thank you again.

1 Like

Hello,

My android isn’t rooted. I ended up doing a factory reset on my device. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Is it working after phone reset?

1 Like

Hey,

Yes. Everything worked fine after factory reset, but now I’m having the same issue with an app named Castro. It’s an app that gives detailed information about my phone’s components. I can’t uninstall it. I should first mention that I disabled all of the google apps on my phone for personal reasons. I installed Solid Explorer file manager to be able to see the root directory, and now the Castro app is located at /root/data/app. I don’t want to factory reset my phone again, and I’m not sure if I should root it either. The difference this time is that I didn’t download Castro from f droid, instead I downloaded it from Rexdl.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Maybe it’s some app you disabled that handles package installs? Try enabling the apps one by one to ensure.

1 Like

Okay. I will try. Do you know how to root my phone without a one click app? I want to root, but only if I’m able to completely unroot whenever I choose.

I don’t recommend you root your phone unless you very sure about what you doing. It can brick your phone if went wrong and in general, lowers the security of the device. It’s a hassle. Root only if necessary.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.