Tutanota needs an update

Hi,

I’m not sure how exactly F-Droid building works, but from what I can see, the current build cycle doesn’t include Update Tuta to 229.240514.1 (396342) (a2885b57) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

Is it possible for someone to explicitly trigger a rebuild of Tutanota from the latest commit?

From what I understand, all Tutanota releases older than this one are useless because of algorithm change.

I am using version 227.240502.0 and it works perfectly well. I daresay F-droid will be updated in a week or two.

and it works perfectly well

hmm, have you used the web app without cache/updated desktop app recently? I guess running it could trigger migration to argon2 which will break 227

Is it possible for someone to explicitly trigger a rebuild of Tutanota from the latest commit?

Generally: FAQ · Wiki · F-Droid / wiki · GitLab

Specifically, there is no difference between a normal MR being merged to master and the bot commiting an update. The bot committed 229, now you just need to be patient. There is no realistic way to speed that up. It will automatically be build, no need to trigger anything.

Looking at what is currently running, the apps being built are from the cycle before Tuta was updated to 229. So 229 should be build in the next cycle. Meaning that like cliffcoggin said, it will be a week, 4 days if you are lucky. Such is the nature of F-Droid. For hotfixes, ask Tuta to host a repository (like NewPipe does. But then Tuta would also need to migrate to Reproducible Builds :person_shrugging: ).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.