Tutanota is installed but does not show up in list of installed apps

Hello all,

I recently discovered and installed F-droid for the first time and have used it to install several apps I use regularly. Generally it works well and I am pleased.
Today I uninstalled Tutanota (because it didn’t work and I was too impatient to wait for a fix so I tried to re-install it). After installing Tutanota again the app does not appear in the list of Installed Apps in Settings. Also, when searching for Tutanota in the repository, I can only see an ‘Install’ button. For other installed apps I can see ‘Uninstall’ and ‘Open’. But the app is for sure installed, I have used it and it works. I did not use Google Play.

What could be the issue here?
Thanks for any help.

(This is my first post. I am new to F-Droid and these forums and generally a newbie concerning all things app- and privacy-related.)

1 Like

Update to F-Droid 1.8, clean app data for F-Droid, reboot, resetup it, retry.

1 Like

Thanks. I actually updated Tutanota to the last version, that seemed to fix it.
However, later it happened also with VLC media player.
It seems that F-droid needs some time to register that an app is installed before it appears in the list of installed apps, is that correct?

1 Like

It depends on when Android reports the app as installed, yes. Usually a reboot fixes it.

1 Like

I see. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.