I am trying to get F-Droid working with the Privileged Extension on my Google Pixel running Lineage OS 16. Honestly, I am not really sure I am even installing the right things. I have read this thread over and over again and I think I understand most of it but the exact install process is still not really clear to me. Also, I wonder if the fact that Pixels have the whole A/B partition thing might also be complicating things for me.
What I have done:
- Used TWRP to install LOS using adb sideload (per the official instructions)
- Rebooted into the LOS Recovery and used adb sideload to install https://f-droid.org/packages/org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.ota/
- (This is the part I am not so sure of since lots of what I read about installing the PE says to use TWRP. However, my understanding is that due to the A/B setup on the Pixel I need to use the LOS Recovery to sideload things).
- Might be worth mentioning that at the same time I am also sideloading MindTheGapps and the los suaddon and those seems to work fine.
- Boot into LOS for the first time
- Enable root access from the Developer Settings
- Download and install F-Droid APK from https://f-droid.org/FDroid.apk
- When I open up F-Droid and go to the settings, I do not see the expected check box for using the Privileged Extension.
Am I missing a step somewhere here? Or maybe I have installed the wrong package or something. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!