Translation: remove Flemish/Vlaams/nl_BE?

translation

Hi,

Follow up of https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidclient/issues/1470

Any relevant speakers there to move this forward? (Whether to keep it or not. Or to change it.)

@hans Can you add a comment in the issue to point the other participants to here?

posted this thread to the issue

The history on the translation page shows that Midgard changed the translation 2 weeks ago. And Nathan Follens reverted all those changes a week ago. Is there any discussion about this going on somewhere? Was this resolved in the interest of Flemish users?
Would be great if a Flemish persons could contribute some Q.A.

I applaud your decision of not precipitating a decision.

Not sure if that would help here, but in other projects (and language) I have seen edition wars fix themselves without intervention when the translation tool allows voting proposals, Weblate has this option since version 1.6 but doesn’t seem to be activated in the F-Droid project.

Edit: I opened an issue requesting activation of the voting system:

I am an F-droid user and sympathizer. Coming here in the issue and discussion rooms has one reason: love for language. I’ll do anything to have the duth language back on my phone.
I can 't find a way to change the language settings in F-droid myself. So what happens is that I’ve stopped using it.
As soon as I bump into weird translations I stop the programme. But I do miss the app.

Koen

I’ll do anything to have the duth language back on my phone.

Dutch or Flemish? Because the Dutch translation is fine from what I understand.

I can 't find a way to change the language settings in F-droid myself.

I think that it’s a totally different issue. (Also important)

You can either use the Language preference in F-Droid on older Android versions, or on newer Android versions, go to the system language preference, and add nl_NL as the highest priority language.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.