Termux will not install

hello and thanks,

cannot install termux on pixel4a.
in the past, i have installed on many devices, first time i was not able to…

i tried to:

thanks in advance,
david

Android 11?

1 Like

yes, android 11.
i did check that termux does support 11, before i got the new cellphone.

FAQ - Termux Wiki
"Yes, it confirmed to work successfully on Android up to version 11.

thanks

I had trouble installing termux after initially attempting to install it from the Google Play store.

I uninstalled termux itself, but there was another termux app (termux-something?) that I also had to uninstall in order to be able to install the latest from F-Droid.

3 Likes

hi,

after not being able to install termux using f-droid, i was able to install it via google play and it works.

f-droid gives a vague response Failed to install due to unknown error.
is there a way to get a detail error log or some way to get more insight?

thanks much,

What I would try is to install Split APKs Installer and then install Termux APK with it. If installation fails, there is a more verbose log than you would get with default installer.

thanks, i did that and here is the output

“INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE: Reconciliation failed…: Reconcile failed: Package com.termux has no signatures that match those in shared user com.termux; ignoring!”
and
“app has requested an already existing shared user but their signatures do not match.”

note:
after i was not able to install the f-droid version, as a test, i was able to install and use termux from google play.
i did uninstall the google version before trying to use SAI

in the end, i got termux installed using f-droid.
not sure exactly what was going on

but thanks for the forum for the help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.